stay with me [11]

Karl's pov

I woke up. That's strange... Wheres Tommy? He doesn't usually wake up before me. I got up and looked around a bit more. Wait, where are Tommys things?

I quickly got up and ran downstairs. He wasn't there. I ran back upstairs and quietly opened Wilbur's room. I looked around, he wasn't there either. None of the washrooms were being used... I ran back downstairs, looking at the kitchen counter, trying to figure out where he could be.

I saw my wallet, open. I grabbed it and looked inside. Everything was there except 40 quid... Wait... Shit did he go back to his father? I completely forgot that's what he said in the hospital- he wanted to go back! I ran upstairs quickly walking up to Wilbur shaking him, trying to wake him up.

"Wilbur get up it's an emergency," I said.

"Mmmhmm..." He mumbled.

"Wilbur!"

"What! Alright I'm up-"

"Tommys went back to his father's house."

"He WHAT? I SWEAR KARL-"

"WE CAN'T FUCKING ARGUE TOMMY IS IN DANGER."

Tommy's pov

I lay on the floor of my bedroom hugging my body in pain. This is what's best for everyone... I tried to convince myself. A sharp pain shot through my body.

"O-ow..." I quietly mumbled to myself.

I watched the door open. My father came in. Here we go again...

He kicked me in the face. I let out a whimper trying to put my hands over my face. He then lifted me up by my collar and screamed at me. I wasn't even listening. I was out of breath. Blood oozed out of my nose and mouth. Father dropped me and I hit the floor with a thud.

My ears started ringing. I watched as father walked out again, probably to leave the house. This was my limit. I shakily got up. And hobbled to the washroom. I opened some of the drawers trying to find something to stop my nose from bleeding. I found some tissues and held them up to my nose.

I looked up into the mirror. My face was a mess. My arms were bruised and one of the cuts opened up again. I took my shirt off looking at all the bruising. It was bad. I started to sob. I replaced the tissue. My face was stained with tear marks. My head was throbbing. I looked at my arm and sighed, getting out the u
bandages and attempting to put them on.

I heard a knock on the door.

I froze. My father should've already left... Maybe it's just a package? I continued trying to put the bandage on and then I heard the door knock again, louder.

Five minutes had passed and the person was still knocking on the door. I looked like a mess but I didn't care, as long as the person would just stop knocking... It was making my headache worse...

I limped downstairs, taking a breath at the door. I held the tissue up to my face, of course, my nose didn't stop bleeding. I heard the knocking again. I sighed angrily and opened the door.

Wilbur and Karl stood worriedly at the door.

My eyes widened and I slammed the door shut. The door got pushed back open and I fell backwards.

"No! I-I don't want to be a problem for you please just leave me here!" I quickly rambled on.

"Tommy!" Karl exclaimed loudly.

I stopped talking. My breathing sped up. I crawled back into the wall. Karl quickly apologized profusely. Karl put his hand on my arm, fixing the loose bandage. He looked into my eyes.

"Tommy, you aren't a problem. We can sort this out later. First, we need to help you-"

"No!" I shouted the loudest I could, which wasn't very loud.

I rushed upstairs into my room Karl and Wilbur followed me.

"Just go awa-" I got cut off by the door opening. My father was back.

I looked at them, trying to figure out what to do. In a last resort panic, I pushed them into the bathroom and shut the door. I stood in the hallway waiting for my father to find me.

"There you are..." His voice growled.

I stood silently, waiting for him to throw me onto the ground or something.

"Did you eat something?" He asked in a low voice.

"No, father" I started shaking.

"Liar."

"No! Honestly I didn't take anything! I-Im too fat and I don't deserve food!"

He huffed and shoved me to the side, walking past me. I let out a sigh of relief.

He came back.

My breath hitched. He ran at me in a fury of rage and knocked me down to the floor. I coughed and he slapped me in the face.

"LAST NIGHT YOU CAME DOWNSTAIRS AND TOOK FOOD FROM THE FRIDGE!"

Shit... I did do that...

He grabbed me and opened the bathroom door, still looking at me. He threw me into the bathroom and slammed the door. Oh, thank goodness he didn't notice Wilbur or Karl.

I heard rummaging coming from outside the door, then it stopped. I assumed he wasn't there anymore. And tried to open the door. It wouldn't move... I pushed harder and it still wouldn't budge. He must've put something in front of it.

"Do not say a word," I whispered to Karl and Wilbur.