a place to stay [2]

/ TW: Mentions of Self Harm /

/ Jschlatt's POV /

We continued walking for what felt like forever, with multiple breaks throughout the way, but eventually, we got to the Train Line. We walked up to the front and bought tickets to get on the proper train and luckily, it would arrive in only 25 minutes, so Wilbur and I sat down on one of the benches and waited.

It was quite cold, and I didn't know if that was because my sweater was soaked from the rain, or it was just cold. Maybe a combination of both? I didn't dare to take one off though, I might accidentally roll up the sleeves and then reveal all the scars, some old, some new. I just didn't want to risk anything.

*Screeeeech*

Finally, our train arrived. Wilbur and I board the train and it takes us deeper into London around the place where Techno lived. (lol please I don't want to write about a train ride)

We both walked silently until Wilbur spoke.

"Hey Schlatt, you should take off your sweater, it's wet and you could catch a cold if you wear it for too long."

"Okay..." I said quite hesitant to do anything.

I started to take it off but I already felt the other sleeves rolling up along with the wet sweater. Fuck. I took it off and quickly rolled my sleeves back down. I hoped Wil hadn't seen anything but judging by the look on his face, I think he saw.

"Schlatt I-" Wilbur spoke.

I stood there silently. I didn't want to have this conversation. Not right now. I looked down at the ground. I expected him to find out, but not so soon. I felt my breathing speed up significantly. What is he thinking right now? Does he hate me? Does he pity me? I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I wiped them away with my hand and sniffled a bit.

"Schlatt..." He said with his voice full of sadness.

He took my hand and pulled me outside of the station. We walked quickly but stopped as soon as there were no people. I didn't want to talk, but I knew I would need to at some point. I sighed a shaky breath and looked up at Wilbur. He brought me into a hug. I was taken off by the sudden movement but after a few seconds, I wrapped my arms around him as well. My breathing slowed down.

We let go of the hug and stood there in the comforting silence that followed. I took out my phone to see how far away Techno's house was. It was only about a 20 minutes walk away.

"C-come on lets walk to Techno's house, it's not too far from here."

/ Timeskip: At Techno's House /

We approached the house. Wilbur grabbed my hand and we walked up to the front door. We stood there for a few seconds but then eventually Wilbur knocked on the door loud enough so if he was sleeping, he'd probably wake up. We waited for a few seconds, then knocked again.

It's still dark out... maybe he was just asleep and hadn't woken up to our knocking? I tried to convince myself. Wilbur backed away from the door in defeat. He sat down on the porch stairs, so I sat down next to him. Wilbur buried his head into his knees and pushed his fingers through his hair.

I heard the door open and jumped a bit, then looked behind me to see Techo looking pretty confused.

"Schlatt? Wilbur? What- what are you guys doing here? Come inside it's cold out here." He spat out.

We both got up and made our way inside.

"So.... Tell me why you guys are here again?" Techno whispered.

Votes and Comments Appreceated ✨