𝟎𝟔⥋𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

"It's so beautiful at night." I said, admiring the way the field looked now with the light of the moon casting on it.

"It really does, darling." Yelena said, squeezing my hand. We decided to take a walk at night. We were just sitting at home with nothing to do, so why not?

The field was covered with flowers. Usually in the day, the sun would shine on them and it looked like the color of it all was bursting out at you. Here at night, it was calmer. The moon casts a blue glow on all the flowers and toned down the colors. They were still beautiful, though, and the smell of them all lingered in the air.

There was a tall tree in the field, I decided that I'd take a small break and sit by the tree. Yelena followed, her body pressing up next to mine.

A soft breeze blew past us, creating a more peaceful environment. I glanced over to Yelena who's eyes were gazing up into the sky. Her thumb ran circles over my hand.

"How long are we going to stay out here?" She turned to me, her dark eyes looking into mine.

"Not too long, I just wanted to take a small break."

Yelena's hand slowly slipped out of my own as she leaned forward, her gaze returning up to the sky. The blue light cast down from the moon enhanced her features. She looked ethereal.

The soft glow from the moon on her pale skin almost made it look like her skin was flowing. Like she was a goddess. Not like, she really was one.

Her eyes rolled back over to me. "You don't have to stare, (Name)." She laughs. I looked away, heat rising in my face. She caught me.

She leaned back closer to me, her hand finding mine again as we intertwined our fingers. The only things I could hear tonight was the sound of the wind passing by us and the crickets chirping in the field.

From the corner of my eye, I watched as Yelena turned to face me. I did the same, and the two of us sat there for a moment, just admiring each other.

Her eyes glanced down at my lips, and a moment later, she pressed her lips onto mine. I only sat there, surprised by her sudden action. But I eventually kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her neck.

Yelena rolled me over onto the grass and pulled herself on top of me. I pulled her closer, trying to rid any distance between the two of us. Yelena gazed up at me, this time her being the one staring.

I felt a small smile stretch its self over my face as I placed a small kiss onto her forehead. I leaned back, gazing up at the night sky.

Now I know what she was looking at.

The sky was decorated with stars. From as far as I could see, the sky was covered in the light. They shined so bright that I almost felt that I needed to look away. But I couldn't. Yelena rolled beside me, accompanying me in gazing up at the night sky.

"Has the sky ever been this bright before?" I ask. In all my days, I know Ive walked outside and seen a couple stars littered in the sky, but not like this.

"I'm not sure," Yelena starts. "But the stars are shining bright tonight."

"It's beautiful like this." I whisper.

Yelena turned over to me and I looked back at her. She smiled and pulled herself up. "We should get going, (Name)."

She leaned over, grabbing my arms and helping me up.

The walk back was quiet, but it was comfortable because it was with her. All of my troubles went away with her and when I was laying with her tonight. Nothing else matters with her.

Word Count: 654