𝟏𝟏⥋𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

I stepped in Mx. Hange's class, taking my usual seat beside Sasha who was already in the class.
Mx. Hange walked in soon after, beginning the class.

"Did you do the homework, (Name)?" Sasha whispered.

"No, why would I?"

"If I could have everyone's attention," Hange starts, silencing the class. There was a tall blonde woman standing beside her. "This is Yelena and she's a new student here. Please treat her with respect because she's just another classmate to us now. You can take your seat over there." They said, pointing to the seat next to me.

Yelena awkwardly made her way over, pulling out the seat and sitting down. Sasha climbed over me, introducing herself to the blonde.

The class continued and eventually we were let out.

Later that day, I saw Yelena at lunch. She walked into the room slowly, looking around like she was lost.

"Hey, that's the new girl." Sasha said from beside me, pointing at Yelena. "She should come eat to us she looks lonely."

"Fine." I mumble, getting up from my seat and approaching her. "Hey, Yelena?"

She turned around and faced me. "Yeah?"

"Do you want to eat lunch with me and Sasha? We sit beside you in Mx. Hange's class."

"Sure, I remember you guys." She said, and I lead her back to the table.

Sasha waved obnoxiously as she sat down.

"Yelena, what school did you come from?" Sasha asked, starting the conversation.

"I came from Marley high."

"Oh, that's cool." She said. "You know, (Name) went to Marley Middle. Did you?"

"No, I would have recognized them if they did." She said, quietly eating her food.

The lunch passed rather quickly, and soon the day was over.

When I walked in the door to my home, I immediately got a message from Sasha.

Sasha
Heyyy, how'd you like the new girl?
Read 3:14 pm

(Name)
She's nice I guess. She's kinda quiet tho
Read 3:14 pm

Sasha
mk mk. She was kinda looking at you weird at lunch
Read 3:15 pm

(Name)
weird like what?
Read 3:15 pm

Sasha
idk nvm. see u tomorrow
Read 3:15 pm

Before I even knew it, it was already morning and time to go to school again. When I got to class, Sasha wasn't there, but Yelena was. Maybe this was my opportunity to get to know her, and I felt bad because I was being kind of cold to her. I don't really want her thinking that I'm mean.

"Hey, Yelena." I sigh, sitting down in my seat.

"Oh, hey."

"You haven't gotten any homework for Hange yet, have you?"

"No," She said shaking her head. "Why do you call them Hange? Are they just cool with it?"

"Yeah, actually." I started. "I mean, on the very first day, they just tried getting everyone comfortable with them and I think it really worked. I know you just met them but they're really nice. They're my favorite teacher."

"Yeah." Yelena said. "They excused me from homework yesterday since I just joined the class."

"Hey (Name)! Hey, Yelena!" Sasha yelled, running into the room.

Sasha took her seat and Hange came in the room just a second after.

"I would like everyone's attention, this will just take a second and I want everyone to know what we're doing so you can have the whole class period to yourselves." They said.

"I'm assigning you all a project based on what we've learned from the history of titans. I will be pairing you all up. And don't worry, I paired you all with someone I thought you'd have a good time working with. Sasha will be with Connie, Mikasa will be with Eren, Annie will be with Armin...."

Hange continued on, assigning everyone to work with others.

My attention was only brought back to the teacher when they mentioned Yelena's name.

Word Count : 651