𝟏𝟔⥋𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

I let out a long sigh as I placed my jacket on the coat rack. I was about to just break down right there in the door way from the awful day I had at work. I swear they're over working me and it's too much.

I got home today five hours later than usual because everyone was piling on tasks for me to do. The only reason I even got out when I did was because I sneaked past everyone before they could even ask more from me.

I stepped into the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water to calm myself down. I was home now, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. The house was very quiet, so it had me wondering what Yelena was up to.

Yelena works in the morning until about three, so she's always home before I am. But I'd understand if she feel asleep this time. I was not expected to come home five hours late. I poured the rest of the water out, placing the cup in the dishwasher and making my way up to our shared bedroom.

When I stepped in, there were a couple candles lit. Yelena was fast asleep on top of the bed. Obviously she was waiting for me. Now I feel bad that I made her wait until she literally fell asleep. I blew the candles out so we wouldn't have to worry about anything catching on fire and then I climbed into bed.

Yelena stirred in her sleep beside me as I wrapped my arms around her. Her eyes fluttered open as she looked over to me.

"(Name)," She said, her voice groggy from just waking up. "Why are you back so late? I fell asleep waiting for you!"

"I know, Lena. I'm so sorry they just kept holding me up."

"Damn. You really need to quit that job if theyre going to overwork you for hours and not even pay you for it."

"Yeah I know." I laugh, cuddling up close to her side. Her arms wrapped around me and pulled me as close to her as she could.

"So, why'd you have all those candles lit?" I asked, rubbing circles on her shoulder with my thumb.

"They looked pretty. I just wanted it to smell nice when you got back home."

"Yeah right." I laugh. "You totally didn't have anything else planned."

"Yeah, no idea what your taking about." She says sarcastically. I think we both know what I was hinting at, but it's too late now. We're both too tired for anything right now.

"I'm just glad that you made it back. I was starting to get worried. People are crazy out there and they'll just take people, y'know."

"Yeah." I mumble in her chest. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you. I was literally running around the whole place and I never got a moment to catch my breath."

"I'm not mad at you for not doing letting me know, I completely understand. I'm just saying I was worried because it was getting so late. But I really think you need to reconsider this job. It doesn't seem very good for you. It's not healthy to come back at such a late time and try to go to sleep."

"I know. I'm going to do something about this. I think it's effecting me and I've had enough of it."

"I'm glad." She yawns, giving me a light squeeze.

"Tired?" I ask, glancing up at her. She simply nods. She was already falling asleep.

I rest my head on her chest, listening to her heart beating slowly. This was the best sound in the world. Just laying with her like this made all my problems go away. It made me forget about my horrible day at work and just helped me relax.

Soon enough, I found that I was also drifting off to sleep next to Yelena.

Word Count : 660