𝟎𝟏⥋𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

"Thank you so much, Onyankopon. I appreciate the help, you have no idea."

"Of course, (Name). Yelena never took her birthday seriously. I'm glad you're trying to out something together for her."

I ended the call and set the timer for the cake in the oven. I hope I did it right. Hopefully she likes it. Ive dated Yelena for about a year now, and based on what Ive heard about her and how we spent her last birthday, she doesn't seem to draw much attention to herself or celebrate her birthday much.

I wanted her to feel good on her birthday this year, so I asked Onyankopon to gather a couple people at our apartment later when Yelena gets off of work so we can surprise her.

I placed my hands in the sink, washing off the sugar from the cake and stepping into the living room where I had a couple decorations sitting out. Just a couple streamers and balloons, I didn't want me and her to have to clean up very much after her party.

It took about ten minutes to set everything up and I still had about three hours until she gets back. There were a couple gifts hidden away in the closet for her that I had managed to hide. I got a message from Onyankopon, reading 'Everyone said they're available. We'll be over soon.'

༺♡༻

"What's for dinner?" Sasha smiles, stepping into my apartment. Connie, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Hange, Niccolo, Pieck and Onyankopon.

"I ordered plenary of different food, you'll find something, Sasha."

"This looks nice." Pieck smiles, stepping around the living room. "Have you made the cake yet?"

I lead them to the kitchen, showing off my amazing cake.

"It looks amazing!" Sasha's eyes sparkled as she glanced down at the cake.

"Yelena will probably be here any minute now, we should probably step back into the living room."

As if on que, the doorknob started turning as Yelena stepped into the apartment. She kicked her shoes off before glancing around the apartment.

"What's going on here?"

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted as Yelena closed the door behind her. A small blush covered her cheeks as she tried acting annoyed.

"Thanks." She muttered.

"She's here! That means we can eat!" Everyone formed at line at the food and filled their plates. Yelena got in line behind me.

"Did you set this up?"

"Of course I did."

"You know you didn't have to."

"Yeah," I laugh, turning back around and fixing my plate. The living room was very loud, especially since Hange, Sasha and Connie were in the same room. Yelena mostly stayed quiet as she listened to the pointless arguments between Jean and Eren.

"Presents! Presents! There's gifts for you, Yelena!" Hange shouted, grabbing as many of the gifts as they could hold and brought them over to Yelena.

As she opened the presents, Eren and Jean started arguing about who got the better gift. Once all the gift were opened, Onyankopon brought out the cake and light her candles.

"Make a wish before you blow them out." Pieck said, stepping closer to watch her blow out the candles.

Yelena glanced over to me before blowing out her candles.

"What did you wish for?" Sasha asks, grabbing a plate for some cake.

"Secret." She smiled, placing a finger over her lips. After everyone got their cake, they stayed for about another hour until it was dark out.

"Happy birthday, Yelena." After they had left, the room felt quiet and empty. I started cleaning up the decorations and plates people had left behind.

As I turned around, Yelena was leaning on the door frame. A small smile stretches across my face.

"Need help?" She asked, stepped over toward a table with a cup on top of it.

"No, there's not that much of a mess. It's your birthday, just relax." She ignored me, picking up some of the mess and tossing trash into the can.

"Thank you for putting this together for me." She said, turning over to face me.

"Yeah."

"I kinda wish I spent more of my time today with you, though."

I looked up at her, wrapping my arms around her neck. "Your birthday's not over yet."

She smiled down at me, leaning closer to me and placing a kiss on my lips.

Word count: 724