𝟎𝟗⥋𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐚𝐲

tw- this could be upsetting for some with a poor body image!

"Let's go! Let's go!" Sasha sang, jumping through the dorm, picking up all the bags she had set out. She invited me and some of her friends to a beach day. She also forced me into inviting my new girlfriend, Yelena to tag along.

The beach was only about an hour away from our apartment. Me and Sasha have been friends since high school and after finding out that we shared similar ambitions, she suggested that we go to the same college and share a dorm with one another.

Upon going to this college, I also met my girlfriend who took the seat beside me on the very first day. I remember when I first met her how I was just staring at her because she was like... super tall.

And then she noticed me staring and started laughing and then I got all embarrassed. But then I apologized and she felt bad for laughing and said that I was just making it way too obvious.

Yelena only stayed in the dorm next to ours, so we could just knock on her door to get her out. Sasha had already beat me to the task and beat the living shit out of my poor girlfriend's door.

Yelena opened the door with a bag hanging on her shoulder as she stepped out of the dorm. "I'm guessing you're ready to go?" She asks, glancing between me and Sasha.

The two of us nod as Sasha runs off down the hallway. Yelena's hand snakes down and grips onto mine as we try (not really) to catch up to the brunette dashing down the hall.

After getting everyone seated in the car, Sasha stretched and let out a big yawn before starting the car. "We'll be driving for about an hour so you two better get comfy." She said, looking into the review mirror to look back at us.

She forced us to sit in the back so we can be next to each other. It was actually really thoughtful of her and we kinda wanted to sit next to each other, anyway.

I felt myself leaning closer to Yelena, placing my head on her shoulder. We've only dated for about a month, so I'm trying to take things slow with her. It was really scary trying to speak to her at first. My hands would shake and I'd always chicken out, but because we sat next to each other in one of our classes, it all got easier.

Her hands traveled up to my shoulder, rubbing soft small circles with her thumb. I loved how gentle she was with me and how she treated me like I was glass. She was always so careful and I adored this about her. It was so cute.

In the car, I was constantly zoning in and out and falling in and out of sleep, so we got to the beach quicker than I thought that we would.

Yelena, shook me gently, making sure I was awake. I lift my head off of her shoulder, gazing out the window.

"We're here now. We should get a spot before it gets too crowded." I nod in response, opening the car door and taking my duffel bag out with me.

Sasha picked the spot for us. It was right next to the changing room so we could get in and out quickly. Sasha said her other friends would be getting here soon, so she insisted that we all just go ahead and change so we don't have to wait on them later.

I locked myself into one of the changing room, placing my duffel bag on the floor and shuffling through it until I found the bakini that I brought. It was just a simple black bakini, but a part of me dreaded having to put this on. Yelena never really saw much of my body and neither has Sasha.

I took a deep breath, forcing myself to remove the clothes that I was already wearing. After trading out my normal clothes for the bakini, I opened my eyes and looked into the mirror in front of me.

I guess there was nothing wrong with the way that I looked. I mean, everyone out there would think so. But there was just something wrong to me. This insecurity was eating me from the inside out. I felt that I literally couldn't walk out of the dressing room.

"Hey, (Name)?" I heard a knock from the other side of the door. "Are you okay? Can I come in?" It was just Yelena. I don't really want her seeing me like this.

"Um, I'll be out in a minute." I guess that she just walked away because it was quiet after that. I was just standing here in front of the mirror. How pathetic. I brought my arms up and covered my stomach. Everything was just so wrong and the more that I stared at myself, the more problems I found.

There was another knock at the door. "(Name), I'm coming in."

The door creaked open and Yelena stepped inside and shut the door behind her. "What's going on? Are you feeling okay?"

"Nothing, I'm fine, Lena."

"Well why aren't you out here? Sasha's friends got here a minute ago and they're all asking where you are."

"Okay. Ill come out."

"When?"

"After I change." She looked at me through the mirror.

"What do you need to change for?"

I stayed silent, lowering my gaze from the mirror down to the duffel bag below me. Yelena let out a soft sigh from behind me.

"(Name)," She started, placing her hands on my shoulders. "Can you look up please? Just look at me?" My gaze shifted from the duffel bag up to her reflection in the mirror.

"Are there problems that I don't know about? Do you not feel comfortable with yourself? I need to know if there's something going on. Will you tell me?"

I felt my eyes burning with tears. She must have seen them pricking up in the corner of my eyes. Her arms snaked down around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

"I don't want you to feel that way." She said, keeping eye contact with me through the mirror. "You're the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on. If you feel this way, I want you to let me know so we can fix this. You're so fucking beautiful and I want you to feel good about yourself because you deserve that."

I placed my hand atop her arm and she let me go.

"I can go out now." I said, turning around to face her.

"Yeah?" I nod, pulling her down into a quick kiss before picking up my bag and heading out of the dressing rooms with Yelena.

Word Count : 1152