𝟏𝟎⥋𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐃𝐚𝐲

A loud, nasty sneeze came from the room next door. Yelena was dealing with an awful cold and I had to take a couple days off of work because she quite literally couldn't get up from the bed. I was standing over the stove, making my girlfriend some soup to help her feel better.

I poured the soup into a bowl and brought her food into the room. Her nose was red and there were dark half moons under each one of her eyes. She looked up from her phone, watching as I brought the bowl of soup over to her.

A small, weak smile crossed over her face as she took the bowl from my hands, whispering a small 'thank you'. I rolled onto the bed beside her, watching her take small sips from the soup. This sickness has lasted for four days now, but Yelena usually doesn't get very sick, so I'm slightly concerned for her this time.

She finished the bowl in no time, turning around and placing it on the bedside table. She sneezed again, making me jump from how loud it was. She groaned to herself, covering her face with her arm.

"This sucks!" Her voice was all groggy from the congestion.

"I know, but I'm here to make you feel better." I said, running my fingers through her hair. Yelena expressed to me over the past couple days how everything was hurting; her head, her throat, her chest. I wish there was something I could do to just magically make her feel better, because watching her get sick like this was not fun.

"You should probably get away from me." She sighed, weakly pushing me to the other side of the bed.

"Why would I do that?" I laugh, only crawling back closer to her.

"I don't want to get you sick."

"What if I did get sick? Wouldn't you just nurse me back to health just like I'm doing with you?" I ask, glancing down at her.

"You know I would." She smiles. "But the two of us can't be sick at the same time. Nothing would get done."

"Yeah, whatever." I mumble, cuddling up close to her. She could complain about how careless I am and how I'm going to get sick, but I know that she loves laying here with me. If I have to get sick to help her feel better, then Ill do it. Shell just take care of me later.

Her skin was hot, but she was still shivering underneath me. "Do you need me to get you anything?" I ask, placing my hand on her forehead. She was still burning up.

"No, I think I should just sleep this off."

She hasn't gotten much sleep from all the sneezing and coughing fits. But for right now, it seems that she's calmed down and maybe she can get some rest.

"Okay." I whisper, pecking her forehead.

"Get some sleep. And you feel better when you wake up."

"Thank you." Yelena mumbles, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Word Count : 510