Chapter 2

Rylee's POV
I followed Danny into the kitchen to see what he wants to make us. "Would you like some vegan tacos? It was created by my friend Sam and it's my favorite taco recipe." Said Danny taking out the ingredients. "Sounds good, Danny." My stomach growled again which made me feel self conscious. "Why do you look so embarrassed? It's just your tummy rumbling." I then felt my face burn. "I've always been like that. Especially because I'm so small and people would pick on me for my stomach sounding like that at my size." I said looking down and felt Danny pull me in for a hug. "I won't ever pick on you, Rylee. I definitely know what it's like to be insecure about size. After my sophomore year of high school, I had a massive growth spurt. I always knew I was going to be tall since I got it from my dad but I felt like it could've been in combination with my ghost powers." I listened to what Danny was saying as he held my hands. "Both my friends Sam and Tucker were shocked by how much I grew along with the rest of Casper High. Some of the students were terrified including one freshman girl who was the same size as you. She was so scared that she called me a giant monster. I actually wished that I was shorter for about a week. But then one day, I was crying at lunch because I knew I couldn't be shorter and that same girl came up to me. She told me how sorry she was for calling me a giant monster and that she should've never said that. I could definitely tell she felt bad because she looked down thinking that I was mad at her but I was never mad. I gave her a gentle hug and let her know that she was forgiven. I was actually more mad at myself. But we became good friends after that. I've also taught myself to be more gentle with people and more protective." I continued to listen. "Size is definitely not important, Rylee. A lot of us are insecure no matter what size we are. You may be very tiny but you're beautiful."

Danny's POV
I kissed Rylee's cute little hands after my long speech on why size isn't important. "That's very sweet, Danny. You don't mind me calling you a gentle giant, do you?" I chuckled at Rylee's gentle giant comment. "I don't mind that at all, sweetie." We then went over to the counter to prepare the tacos when Rylee's stomach growled again but this time, I tickled her tummy. "We need to feed that cute little belly of yours." Her cute giggles escaped her mouth. After we were done preparing the tacos, we went over to the table to eat. Rylee made 3 tacos which I didn't question her on because I knew she was hungry. "Oh my gosh, these are the best tacos ever." I smiled in response. "I'm glad you like them. Afterwards maybe we can go relax in my hot tub out back. I get sore easily because of my ghost powers so I soak in the hot tub everyday whether it's day or night." I offered. "That sounds like a good idea. I've been feeling sore as well." Said Rylee. "Alright, sounds like a plan." As soon as we were done eating, Rylee went her house to change as I went to my room to change into my swimtrunks. As soon as I got done changing, Rylee came back dressed in a black swimdress. "Oh my gosh, Rylee. You look so cute." I was so tempted to pinch her cheeks due to how cute she was but I resisted just so I wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable. "Thanks, Danny." Said Rylee. "Let's head out back."