Chapter 11

Danny's POV
As I was sleeping through the night, I began to feel Rylee's body becoming less tense. I can still sense some bad energy from her but it's not as intense. I woke up at 2am because I had to go to the bathroom so I gently move Rylee off of me without waking her up. I felt much better after a bathroom break and washing my hands. When I returned to my bed, I couldn't get over how peaceful Rylee looked while sleeping. I gently stroked her cheek without pinching her even though I'm very tempted to but instead I gently grabbed her and placed her back on me which surprisingly didn't wake her up. She must be a very heavy sleeper. She was also very light since I had no problem lifting her. She really is tiny. She's only 4'9 which is very small compared to my giant 6'5 stature. But she's just the cutest thing. The way she snuggles against my chest is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I kissed the top of her head because I couldn't resist. "My sweet little baby." I spoke softly so I won't wake her up. "I'll always protect you." I said before I go back to sleep.

Rylee's POV
I slept through the whole night snuggling with Danny even though I felt him move me at one point but it was probably because he had to go to the bathroom. But I felt less tense than I did before I went to bed and that's because Danny kept me safe. When I woke up the next morning, Danny was already awake as I could tell he wasn't in bed anymore. I got up to see where Danny was and found him in the kitchen. "Hey. I was going to come up to get you as soon as I was done cooking." Said Danny walking up to me. "I'm sorry, Danny." I said. "No worries, little bear." Said Danny giving me a hug. He felt taller but that was because I wasn't wearing shoes. I always feel shorter without shoes. "I'm almost done but I made you a vanilla latte with oatmilk." I sat down to try the latte Danny made me. "This is good. How did you learn to make lattes like this?" I asked. "I used to work at Starbucks. The one I took you yesterday is the one I used to work at." Said Danny. "That's cool. It's better than the lattes I usually make." I said. "I'm sure your lattes are good too. You can make me one if you'd like. The espresso machine is done brewing the next batch." I then went up to the counter to make Danny a latte. But I had some difficulty frothing the milk so Danny came over to help me. "Just keep your hand steady." I really appreciate Danny keeping my hand steady. "There you go. Now, just gently tap it on the counter and you're good to go." I did as he told me and then pour the milk in the mug. "I hope it's ok, Danny." I said slightly doubting myself as Danny took a sip. "This is really good. You did great." Danny then put the mug down and gave me another hug. "You're such a good girlfriend." I smiled in response. "I just wish I was more confident in myself." I said looking up at him. "I think you're way more confident you give yourself credit for." Said Danny as he booped my nose. "You are just so cute." He then pinched my cheek.

Danny's POV
I couldn't resist pinching Rylee's cheek anymore as she looked so cute looking up at me. "Alright, made green apple oatmeal. I like to eat healthy to my energy in check." I said serving the oatmeal. "Plus it tastes like apple pie." I said walking over to the table with Rylee. "I love apple pie." Said Rylee. "After we're done I can give you tour of the lab and the op center." I said. "I'd like that." Said Rylee eating her oatmeal. "Alright. Sounds good." Once we were done, I started the tour.