Chapter 5

Rylee's POV
After the movie was over, I began to feel really tired. I continued to snuggle into Danny's chest due to how soothing his heartbeat is. "You tired, sweetie?" I nodded. "I'll take you back to your home." Danny turned into a ghost and flew me to my room and set me on my bed. "There you go, Rylee. I'll let you go brush your teeth." Said Danny. "Ok." I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before going back to lay down. "You're so lucky you don't have to dye your hair to achieve this beautiful white color." I said running my fingers through his hair. "I've tried to dye my hair once at 13. It turns out I'm sensitive to hair dye chemicals. I don't have to worry about that because if I want white hair, I change into Danny Phantom." Said Danny holding my hands. "That kinda makes me wish I had ghost powers." I said looking down. "A lot of people say that to me but I tell them it's not a good idea because it happened to my friend Tucker and he turned into a monster. He was very jealous which resulted in chaos. He never wished for that again. I know you're not jealous but I'm looking out for your well being and I don't want you to get hurt. Plus, you're wonderful just the way you are." I smiled in response. "Thanks, Danny." I said. "If you want, I can dye your hair white for you." Said Danny tucking me in. "That'd be nice." I said as Danny stroke my cheeks very gently. "Cool. Well I'll let you get to sleep. I hope you had a wonderful first day in Amity Park. Maybe we can go out for lunch and we can go to my favorite place in the whole town tomorrow." Said Danny. "I'd love that." I said. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, Rylee." Danny gave me a kiss goodnight on the cheek. "I love you." I smiled in response. "I love you too, Danny."

Danny's POV
That's when Rylee began to fall asleep. She looked so peaceful while sleeping. I gently pulled the blanket over her a bit more so she could stay warm and gave her one more kiss on the forehead so she can have a goodnight sleep. I got up to leave the room and stood in the doorway to get one more glimpse at Rylee and grinned knowing she'll be safe. I dimmed the lights, closed the door, and flew back to my house up to my room. I changed back into Danny Fenton, changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and climbed into bed. I fell asleep knowing that I'm going to have a wonderful day with Rylee. I can still tell Rylee is still getting used to everything so I'll do my best to protect Rylee no matter what. I won't let anyone hurt her whether it's a ghost or human. She deserves the best.