Chapter 8

Danny's POV
After our encounter with Dash, I decided to drive Rylee to the mall as it looked like it was going to rain. When we got to the mall, a lot of people were staring at Rylee which made her uncomfortable and it's literally because of our height difference. "I got you Rylee. I won't let anyone torment you." That's when one girl came up to Rylee. "Excuse me miss, shouldn't you be in school?" She asked rudely. "I'm 25." Said Rylee. "Oh, sorry." She said walking away. "Why don't we go to the food court?" Once Rylee and I got to the food court, I ordered both of us Subway. I ordered myself a foot long turkey breast and Rylee a six inch veggie. "This is a really cool mall." Said Rylee. "It really is. I don't come here that often because it's always busy but it's a pretty quiet day I figured we treat ourselves." I said. "I really appreciate you showing me around town. Plus I do need new clothes." Said Rylee. "We can go to Hot Topic after we're done here." We continued to chat until Sam came up to us. "Hi, Danny." Said Sam. "Sam. It's good to see you." I said as we hugged. "This is Rylee. My new neighbor." Sam turned to Rylee. "Oh yeah. I know about you. I've seen you on Youtube and TikTok." I saw Rylee's face turn red. "I never knew she made videos." I said. "I don't like to make a big deal about myself." Said Rylee. "I understand that." I said. "Well I'm really happy to meet you, Rylee. I already knew you were a good person as soon as I saw one of your videos." Said Sam. "Plus, you have a beautiful singing voice." That made my eyes widen. "She can sing?" I asked with a smile on my face as she nodded. "What else are you hiding from me?" I asked as I tickled her which caused her to giggle. "I like to tease her." I said to Sam. "I can tell." Sam giggled as well. "Speaking of singing, I'm hosting a karaoke party and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in coming." Sam handed out some fliers. "I'd love to go. What about you Rylee?"

Rylee's POV
I was a little nervous because I'm still new in Amity Park but Sam seemed like a nice girl so I decided that I'd like to go. "That sounds fun. I'm in." I said. "Alright. I'll text Danny the info. Can't wait to see you there." Said Sam. "I'll see you guys later." Sam gave Danny a hug. "Rylee, come give me a hug." I went up to hug Sam. "You're so little." Said Sam. "She's very tiny. I feel like a giant next to her but she's a cute little angel that I just wanna protect." I giggled as Danny hugged me from behind and pinched my cheek. "She's very lucky to have you. And I may have just met her but she's already the strongest woman I know." Sam then grabbed my hands. "And you have a big heart." I smiled in response. "Thanks, Sam." I said. "I'll see you guys later." Sam then left and Danny and I decided to head on back to FentonWorks as the mall was starting to get really busy.