Chapter 9

Danny's POV
I was about to go to the living room to snuggle with Rylee when my ghost sense went off. "Who is it this time?" I looked out to see it was the box ghost. "This won't take long." I turned into Danny Phantom and flew up to fight the box ghost. "I AM THE BOX GHOST! I may not have Pandora's Box but I have something else is mind!" Said the box ghost pulling out a random box. "How is that more terrifying than Pandora's box?" I asked already knowing the box was pathetic. He opened up the box and out the ectopuses. "That's pathetic." I used the Fenton thermos to capture the ectopuses. "You may have won this round. But the Box Ghost will be back and more threatening! BEWARE!" The box ghost escaped which is typical for him. I went back to the house to see Rylee watching me. "He's pathetic." Said Rylee. "He mostly picks fights for attention." I said while flying in the window. "Let's just relax on the couch." I said turning back into Danny Fenton and sat on the couch gesturing Rylee to come sit by me.

Rylee's POV
After witnessing Danny fighting the box ghost, Danny looked exhausted which made sense because we did just get home from the mall. I went over to sit with him as he put his arm around me. I wanted to put my arms around him but I felt a little bit hesitant. "Rylee, you know can put your arms around me anytime you want. I won't yell at you." Said Danny. "I know. I'm sorry." I said slowly put my arms around him. "Why are so hesitant all of a sudden? You already have my consent to cuddle with me." I was so hesitant to tell him the real reason until he knelt down in front me. "You're in love with me, aren't you?" I began to cry afraid Danny was going to rejected me until I felt his hand gently lift my chin and leaned to kiss me on the lips.

Danny's POV
I was so relieved that Rylee confessed her feelings for me despite how scared she was. I looked into her beautiful brown eyes after slowly pulling away from the kiss. "Rylee, I already love you. I began to have feelings for you as soon as you first came up to my door." I said sit back down next to her and held her close. "Why were you so afraid to tell me?" I asked. "I was afraid you'd reject me because of how short I am and you'd prefer someone taller." Said Rylee. "Rylee, I love you for who you are. I don't date based on size. I think that's shallow. I don't care how small you are." I then felt Rylee's head leaning into my chest which made me very happy. "You're a very sweet girl. And you have the biggest heart out of everyone I know." I then gently picked her up and set her on my lap. "You're a beautiful little angel." I then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You're the best, Danny." Rylee then kissed my cheek causing me to chuckle. "I love you, Rylee." I said stroking her cheek. "I love you too, Danny." I then tickled her tummy which caused her to giggle. "So cute." Rylee nuzzled her head into my neck as I put on Encanto for us to watch. I continued to hold Rylee as we watched the movie.