Chapter 16

Danny's POV
Once I was done filling up the tub, I put a bath bomb in the water to make it more relaxing for Rylee along with some lavender oil. "Alright, Rylee. The tub is all filled up. Dash and I will be down stairs if you need anything." I said helping Rylee get out of bed so she can make her way to the bathroom and went downstairs with Dash to watch tv. "You really know how to take care of Rylee." Said Dash. "I've learned a lot from my sister when she would take care of me. Even though my ghost powers give me an advantage of a strong immune system, I still get pretty sick from time to time. Seeing Rylee get sick really breaks my heart especially since it happened all of a sudden." I began to tear up a little bit. "That's kinda how I feel with my mom. Even though they caught it early, I'm still afraid to lose her. She's the one that got me through my worst moments. She put me in therapy when we found out I had anger issues." I remember when Dash went into therapy. It was a little bit after I revealed my secret and noticed he was changing. "She's a good woman, Dash. She knew you didn't wanna be a bad person. And you've become a better person since then and not take your anger out on people. I remember when I met her and she told me exactly what was going on." I then saw a smile forming on Dash's face. "We're right here with you." I said. "Thanks Danny. You're such a good friend." Said Dash. "So is Rylee." That put a smile on my face. "Yeah. Rylee is a sweetheart. I love her more than anything in the world. People always assume that I only like tall women but I never date based on anyone's size. I go based on personality. Rylee may be tiny but she has the biggest heart out of everyone I've met. I couldn't have asked for anyone better."

Rylee's POV
After I was done soaking in the bathtub, I felt a lot of my strength coming back. I got out of the bath, dried off, got dressed in my pajamas, and brushed my hair. I then went downstairs where Dash and Danny were. I listened to them saying wonderful things about me which put a smile on my face. When I got downstairs, I slowly went over to sit with them as Danny opened up his arms allowing me to sit on his lap. "You feeling better, sweetie?" Asked Danny. "A little. I'm still a little cold." I said as I began to shiver. "I can help with that." Danny took of his knitted sweater and let me wear it which left him only in a tank top. "There you go. That'll keep you warm." The sweater was huge on me but it was very soft and warm. "Thanks, Danny. You're the best boyfriend ever." I said snuggling against Danny's chest as he held me close. "No problem, Rylee. I can't let you shiver." I love the fact that Danny was keeping me warm especially since I'm still recovering from being weak. "Your sweater is so big and soft." That's when Dash and Danny laughed along. "That's because you're so small which makes it even cuter." That's when both boys began tickling me.

Dash's POV
Danny and I couldn't resist tickling Rylee when she talked about how big Danny's sweater was on her but she didn't mind it. She just knows it belongs to someone who loves her very much. "She's definitely a keeper, Danny." I then noticed tears come out of Rylee's eyes which made me feel concerned. "I didn't say anything wrong, did I?" I asked. "No. She's just a very emotional person." Said Danny. "It's one of the sweetest things about her." I knew Rylee was an emotional person and I would never judge anyone for that. But I know that people picked on her for being emotional and that's just wrong. "She is very sweet. That means she's stronger than people think she is." I said. "That is very true. Being emotional doesn't mean you're weak. It means you've been strong for too long." That's when Danny gave Rylee a kiss on the forehead. Our thoughts were interrupted when we heard a knock on the door.

Author's note
Who do you think is at the door?