Chapter 7

Rylee's POV
Danny and I decided to take a slow walk through the park. He took my hand so I could keep up with him since he's almost 2 ft taller than me. We continued to walk until ran into someone who's about the same height as Danny but he's a bit shorter by 2 inches and had blonde hair. "Hey Danny. How you doing buddy?" I hid behind Danny afraid that he might judge. "I'm doing great Dash. How have you been?" Danny shook his hand. "Same here. I took the week off of work to relax. Work at the sporting goods store was too much last week." Said Dash. "That's too bad." Said Danny. "Yeah. By the way, who's that behind you?" My heart started beating fast as Dash noticed me. "Oh, this is Rylee. She's my new neighbor." I looked at Dash nervously. "She's so cute. Hey, Rylee." I waved slowly coming out from behind Danny. "It's ok. I won't hurt you." Said Dash. "She's just really shy. She moved here because she felt unwanted in her old place." Said Danny putting his arm around me as I hugged him around the waist. "Oh man. I figured she was hurt by someone but didn't realize she was hurt by so many people." I began to tear up a little. "This is why I stopped bullying people a long time ago. It does nothing but hurt people." Said Dash. "Rylee, come here." I looked to see Dash wanted to give me a hug and looked up at Danny feeling a little hesitant. "Go ahead, Rylee. Dash wants to give you a hug." I slowly went up to Dash and he gently pulled me in. I hugged back as I began to warm up to him.

Danny's POV
I felt so proud of Rylee slowly coming out of her shell. Especially because the guy she's hugging used to bully me in our freshman year but Dash saw the error in his way and became a better person overtime. "You're so tiny. Short people are the cutest." Rylee chuckled a little as Dash pinched her cheek which put a smile on my face. "Yeah. Sometimes I wish I was taller." Said Rylee as I decided to bring them both in for a hug. "You're beautiful, Rylee. Plus some of the smallest people have the biggest hearts." Dash and I decided to hug each other which resulted in Rylee getting squished between us. "Oh no. We trapped Rylee. We can't let her escape." Rylee giggled as Dash decided to tease her out of love. "She's our little prisoner." I said as we let go so she can breathe. "I love you guys. I haven't gotten this much love in a while." She said as we still held her between us. "We love you too, Rylee. You're a sweet little angel and we're 2 gentle giants that will always be here to protect you." That's when Rylee hugged me again which put a smile on my face. "Where's my hug?" Rylee went over to hug Dash. "I'll see you guys later. And Rylee, don't worry about what other people think. You're beautiful." Said Dash slowly letting go of Rylee. "Thanks Dash." Said Rylee as Dash left. "Let's keep walking." Rylee and I continued our little stroll until we reached the pond.