Chapter 3

Rylee's POV
I felt a little intimidated by the sight of Danny without a shirt. Not only did he have a 6 pack, he also had a few scars. The scars weren't horrible since they were very small but it still made me worry. "You coming Rylee?" I lost my train of thought as Danny spoke. "Yeah. I'm coming." I followed Danny to the deck where the hot tub was and we both went in. The water felt good but it was pretty deep for me as it went up to my neck when I sat down which made Danny chuckle. "Here, why don't you sit on my lap? I'll keep you warm." I let Danny pick me and gently set me in his lap and held me close. I nuzzled my head into his neck and chest as he rubbed my back. "You're so tiny. I didn't realize that the water would go up to your neck when you sat down." Said Danny. "It's ok, Danny. I just love the fact that you offered to hold me. I just hope none of your neighbors will tell you off for holding me." I said. "You don't need to worry. I used to have a neighbor that would tell me off for no reason. She was a Karen. She would tell me that my ghost powers were a menace to society, shoved religion down my throat, and tell me that I'm going to hell for being Danny Phantom." I gave Danny a hug as I felt bad for him. "You didn't deserve that, Danny. You didn't choose to become Danny Phantom. I always knew those powers happened by accident since every superhero gets their powers by accident." I said looking up at him. "That is true. I was only 14 years old when the lab accident happened. My parents were bummed that the portal didn't work at first but that was because the switch was inside the portal which wasn't their best move. When I turned it on, it was the most painful thing I've experienced and passed out. I woke up to see that I had white hair and green eyes and thus, Danny Phantom was born. I hated the powers at first but I grew to love them overtime and became a superhero." Hearing about Danny's ghost journey was very interesting. "And as for that woman, she moved out of the neighborhood. She used to live in your new house. When I was told I was getting a new neighbor, I was so scared it was going to be another Karen until I saw you move in. And I'm so happy you moved in." I chuckled in happiness. "Me too, Danny. You're the sweetest guy ever."

Danny's POV
I gave Rylee a kiss on the forehead as she told me how sweet I am. "I hope you don't mind me kissing you, Rylee." I said. "I don't mind it at all, Danny. I like it." I smiled in response. "I'm glad." I said as I continued to hold her. "You're a sweet little angel that must be protected at all cost." Rylee giggled in response which put a smile on my face. "You have the cutest laugh." Rylee was about to speak again when my ghost sense went off. "Oh no. This isn't good. Get inside, Rylee." Rylee ran inside to get to safety. "I'm going ghost." I transformed into Danny Phantom and flew up to fight Skulker. "What do you want this time, Skulker?" I asked angrily ready to fight. "I saw you had a new friend and thought she would make a lovely pelt on my wall." I began to feel rage as Skulker was planning on killing Rylee so I quickly used my ghost ray on full blast which sent him flying. I flew towards him and got in his face. "You lay one finger on Rylee, I'm going to tear your whole suit until your just nothing but a little green blob." Skulker then left but I knew he would be back. I flew back to the house to see Rylee was having a panic attack.

Rylee's POV
I began to panic as Danny was fighting Skulker afraid I was going to die. I was worried about Danny as well. I was so close to passing out and Danny caught me before I fell. "I got you, Rylee. Let's get you to the couch." Said Danny as he picked me and took me over to the couch. "I'm still damp." I said still in panic mode. "That's ok, Rylee. It's just water." Danny gently set me down on the couch and rubbed my tummy. "Were you worried about me, sweetie?" I nodded as I felt tears coming out of my eyes. "Come here, Rylee." Danny pulled me in for a hug and cried in his shoulder. "My sweet girl. I've been fighting ghost since I was 14 years old and became a superhero because of it. I've been through so many battles and the 2 worst ones happened when I was 14. Skulker isn't even the worst one because I know how to deal with him." Danny held my hands. "I appreciate you worrying about me but I was more worried about you. You're a sweet little angel that isn't ready to leave this world yet." I smiled as he kissed me on the forehead. "I'll always protect you, Rylee." I couldn't get over Danny's white hair in his ghost form. "Can I feel your hair?" I asked nicely. "Sure. Go ahead." Danny came closer to let me feel his hair. "Your hair is so pretty. I've always wanted to dye my hair this color." I said noticing how soft his hair is. "I think you'd be cute with white hair." I chuckled at his compliment. "Let's go soak in the hot tub some more. Relieve some tension from that panic attack." I let Danny pick me up, took me to the hot tub, turned into Danny Fenton, sat down, and held me in his lap. "I love you, Rylee." Said Danny. "I love you too, Danny."