Chapter 6

Rylee's POV
I woke up the next morning excited to see where Danny will take me today. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, blowdried my hair, curled it, put on a black crop top, black high waisted jeans, black vans, and put black eye makeup on. I then heard the door bell ring so I opened the door to see Danny at the door with a black T-shirt, blue jeans, and red converse. "Well, don't you look cute." Said Danny making me blush. "Thanks. You look good too." I said as I grabbed Danny's hand exiting my house. "I can't wait to show you my favorite place. But first, were going to stop by Starbucks." Said Danny escorting me to his car. "Sounds good, Danny." We got in his car and drove to Starbucks. "I know that I can fly but I don't want people to only see me as Danny Phantom. I mostly like to be human nowadays. Plus I didn't know if you were afraid of heights or not." Said Danny as he was driving. "I understand that. That's kinda the same with Miley Cyrus because people only saw her as Hannah Montana and she didn't like that." I said. "That's very true. I actually met her a while ago and she told me the exact same thing. She didn't hate being Hannah Montana but the fact that people only saw her as Hannah really messed with her mental health. I always saw Miley as herself whether she wore a wig or not." Said Danny pulling in to the drive through which had a long line. "That's really cool that you actually met Miley." I said. "Yeah. She's really nice." Said Danny. "And heights do freak me out so I appreciate you thinking about that." I said. "Yeah. And if I do take you flying, I'll keep you safe as always." I smiled in response.

Danny's POV
I smiled back at Rylee as we got closer to the monitor. "Alright, what do you want?" I asked. "I'll have a grande cold brew with oatmilk and 2 shots of vanilla." Said Rylee. "Sounds good." I finally got up to the speaker. "Hi welcome to Starbucks. How may I help you?" Asked the worker. "Hi, can I get a venti caramel macchiato and a grande cold brew with oatmilk and 2 shots of vanilla?" I asked the drive thru girl. "Sure. Anything else?" She asked. "Nope. That'll do it." I said. "12 dollars at the window." I drove us up as the line moved, paid for our drinks, and drove off with them. "Thanks, Danny." Said Rylee. "No problem. You deserve something nice. Plus coffee actually helps keep my powers at a good level in case I have to battle one of my enemies." I said. I then drove us to the park to relax. "Here we are." I said escorting Rylee out of the car. "Wow. This is a beautiful park." Said Rylee. "It really is. Let's go sit over on that bench." I took Rylee over to the bench so we can sit and enjoy our coffees while looking at the beauty in front of us. "It's definitely my favorite place. It's very peaceful." I said to Rylee holding her close. "I can see why. It's definitely calmer than my old place. People back home would pick on me and hurt me in many different ways. That's why I moved here so I don't have to deal with them anymore." I held her closer as I sense that she was going to cry. "You made the right choice, Rylee. You didn't deserve that poor treatment. I saw that you had bruises all over you from those people." When we finished our coffees, I threw them in the recycling bin and went back over. "Amity Park is a very friendly town. It's not perfect but you'll find lot's of good people here." I saw a small smile forming on her face. "Why don't we walk around for a little bit?"