Annual Christmas Party

Okay--First things first, you guys that comment on my stories GIVE ME LIFE! And I just want to thank you for making my day every time you guys interact with the story. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one!

....

Another year meant another Christmas Party that my parents would be hosting. The Dickinson Christmas parties were always something to look forward to. There were always many guests—mostly family and close family friends. Occasionally the neighbors would also make an appearance to socialize.

I no longer lived at home—I hadn't for a while. I recently just finished grad school and have been living in Boston for years now and I planned on staying. I had a solid job and solid group of friends—there was really no need for me to come back home to Amherst aside from visiting my parents. Like me, my brother and sister also moved out of Amherst and are living closer to the city and I see them a lot more than I see my parents. So, it was nice when I was able to make it out this way and visit with them.

As much as I was happy to see my parents and the rest of the people attending, there was someone specifically that I was excited to see—Sue Gilbert. Her mother and my mother have been friends since a very young age and their family would come over every Christmas Eve to celebrate. We only really saw each other once a year now—it used to be more often when we were younger and living at home. They lived in Massachusetts but they lived more north and the ride was almost two hours. Sue, too, also ended up closer to the city, but I didn't really know where.

Sue was a complete bombshell—long brown hair, pretty eyes, kissable lips... she was something else. I've had a crush on her since we were teenagers, honestly. Growing up, we would hang out when our mothers did, and it was always a good time. I always looked forward to seeing her. As we got older and hormones started to run wild—I found myself crushing on her... it was silly, really. I didn't come out until after high school. We followed each other on social media so we were always kind of keeping an eye on each other. We'd like and comment each other's stuff and direct message occasionally. With every passing year, to me, Sue just kept getting hotter and hotter.

I was unsure of her sexuality—she never really had mentioned it and I was never one to assume. Sue was hard to read as we got older—at times I swear she was flirting with me... there was a really strong tension over the past few years. To my knowledge, she had a boyfriend a couple of years back, but I don't know if she's still with him.

I arrived at my parent's house and Vinnie and Austin were already there as well as many, if not all, the guests by the looks of how many cars are parked along the road and in the driveway. I had been finishing up some work this morning and left my place a little later than anticipated but the party just started not even an hour ago—the night was still young.

I opened the door and the loudness in the house hit me—Christmas music playing, people dancing, socializing and laughing—the atmosphere was already at an all time high. I was able to sneak in unnoticed and blend right in.

"Well, look who decided to show up!" I heard a voice shout, I turned my head to look at Vinnie.

I chuckled and walked up to her, pulling her into a hug, "Hey, Vin." I pulled away from the hug and smiled at her as I took my jacket off and tossed it on the back of one of the chairs. "I got caught up doing some work and lost track of time—I would have been here a lot sooner."

"Well, I'm just glad you're finally here. Sue Gilbert was asking for you." She said, wagging her eyebrows at me. Vinnie knew I've had the hots for Sue for a while—I'd honestly say it started when we were sixteen—so nine years now to be exact. But Vinnie also knew about the flirtation that had been going on periodically in the more recent years, too.