You Better Lock Your Phone

Loosely based around the song Billie Bossa Nova. Enjoy!

Love when it comes without a warning. 'Cause waiting for it gets so boring. A lot can change in twenty seconds. A lot can happen in the dark.

Sue waited patiently inside the bar at a fancy five-star hotel in Boston. She and Emily had arranged to meet there as they were both traveling for work. Sue was currently living in New York while Emily was living in California—both working for the same company but at different locations. They had been friends for over ten years when they first met during their third year of high school—Sue was the new girl in town and Emily quickly took her under her wing.

In recent years, though, their friendship had taken a whole new turn. They were having a full-blown love affair for almost two years now—meeting up every time they traveled for work. It was hot, heavy, and exciting. Their affair was mostly through text as they were on different sides of the country, but when it came time to travel for work and meet up, they couldn't wait to get each other alone.

They were both in relationships when they started the affair, but Sue was newly single as of a few months ago. Emily was still with her girlfriend, Sarah, and now that Sue was single—it'd be a lie to say that she wasn't a little jealous of her. Emily and Sarah had been in a relationship for about three years and Sue's relationship that had just ended was a four year long one.

She sipped on her martini while staring at the entrance of the hotel bar—she was tucked away in a small corner booth in the dimmest lit part of the room. The bar was a little busy since it was a Friday night, but Sue made sure to find a more secluded spot for her and Emily.

As soon as she was about to look away from the entrance, Emily appeared and oh my, did she look good. She was in a navy blue fitted pant suit with a white button up blouse underneath it and a pair of black boots. Typical Emily fashion. Sue was wearing a little red thin strapped dress that cut off on her mid-thigh and heels.

Emily scanned her eyes around the bar and Sue watched her with a smirk on her face. It didn't take Emily long to spot her in the far corner. She took a deep breath as she locked eyes with Sue and began walking toward the small booth. As she got closer, Emily could feel the butterflies in her stomach start to flap—it had been seven months since the last time they saw each other in person and Emily missed her.

She approached the table with her hands in her pockets and a slight smirk on her face, "Hi, Susie." She said, her voice low. "Is this seat taken?" She teased, eyeing the open spot next to Sue on the booth.

"I saved it for you." Sue said, patting the seat next to her in the small booth with a flirtatious look.

Emily chuckled and slid into the booth—getting close to Sue. She eyed Sue up and down as she slid her arm behind her on the booth. She licked her lips before speaking, "God, you're so pretty."

Sue cocked her eyebrows at her and smirked, sipping from her martini glass once again. Emily smirked back, watching Sue sip intently. As she pulled the glad away from her lips she glanced at a glass on the table, "That's for you. I ordered you an old fashioned—I know it's your—." Sue started, but Emily cut in.

She picked the glass up off the table and brought it to her lips, "Favorite." She whispered, taking a sip before putting it back down on the table. She scooted in closer to Sue and snaked her arm around her—brushing her fingers gently on her bare shoulder, "I missed you, Susie."

Love when it makes you lose your bearings. Some information's not for sharing. Use different names at hotel check-ins. It's hard to stop it once it starts.

Sue bit her lip and moved her hand to Emily's thigh, giving it a squeeze. Emily looked down at her hand and inhaled sharply, looking back up at Sue slightly nervous. This satisfied Sue. It always did—the effect that she had over Emily was something else.