Leave Him

Emily licked her lips as she stared at the time on her phone—it was pushing 11 P.M. on a Friday evening and she decided to stay in for the night. Sue was set to come over after she finished grabbing drinks with her sister and Emily was waiting eagerly for her. They were best friends to the fullest, but they started having a secret affair. Sue had been in a committed relationship with their old friend Shipley over the past year and a half but as the girls fair continued—it was looking likelier that Sue and Ship wouldn't be together much longer.

She was into Sue and getting more and more jealous of Ship with every day that passed. She didn't like the guy and quite frankly, she never did. To say Emily was annoyed at this point would be an understatement. She wanted Sue all to herself and didn't want to be just some sneaky link forever. Sue had been sliding her all week to be with Ship and Emily was frustrated, to say the least.

Buzz

Sue [11:05 P.M.]

I'll be there in ten minutes.

Emily [11:06 P.M.]

About time.

Sue [11:08 P.M.]

With a smart mouth like that, I don't have to come at all Emily.

Emily [11:09 P.M.]

Wouldn't surprise me and it wouldn't be the first time you ditched me, Susie.

Sue [11:10 P.M.]

Someone's feeling moody tonight, huh?

Emily [11:11 P.M.]

Hurry up. You know how much I don't like to be kept waiting.

Emily put her phone down on the side table next to the couch and tapped her foot as she stared at the door intently. It wasn't going to be long now until Sue arrived and Emily was ready for her. She was itching for her—over a week without touching her and Emily was ready to lose it.

The door finally creaked open, and Emily never took her eyes off it—watching Sue as she stepped inside the apartment and shut the door behind her.

"Hi Emily." Sue said softly, slowly approaching her as she let her jacket fall off her shoulders and onto the floor.

Emily watched the jacket drop and then locked eyes with Sue as she continued to step toward her. Sue was smirking, but Emily kept the hard look on her face.

"Mm," Sue started, her voice low in her throat. She climbed onto Emily's lap and straddled her, leaning forward into Emily with her arms on her shoulders as Emily leaned back into the couch.

Emily clenched her fists nervously, not knowing quite what to do with them—all she knew was that she wanted to touch her but didn't want to give in so easily. She kept them on the cushion on either side of her and still stared at Sue.

"What's wrong, Emily?" Sue asked, brushing a strand of hair off Emily's face.

Emily scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You're really good at playing dumb, Sue."

"Am I?" Sue teased, biting her lip. She looked down at Emily's hands and then back into her eyes, "Why won't you touch me?"

"I don't want to." Emily lied, looking at Sue with dark eyes.

"No?" Sue asked lowly, cocking her eyebrow.

Emily shook her head and whispered, "No."

"Not even a little bit?" Sue asked, running her hand down Emily's arm.