~ the way I speak ~

Reader pov.

You two were now on your way to the kitchen.

"Heeseung , you're perfect. I need you right now. Please accompany me." Jake said , coming towards you two and he pulled Heeseung with him.

You were standing in the hall alone being speechless after witnessing kidnapping. You were about to call out for him but an arm suddenly rested on your shoulder and you turned around to find out that it was Ni-ki.

"Oh Ni-ki? Have you seen that too? Aren't we supposed to help?" You asked worriedly and he shook his head.

"Once Jake gets someone in his grip they need to wait for him to release them." Ni-ki said and you nodded understanding.

"Well, do you want to accompany me to the kitchen? I wanted to look for something to eat."

"Sure." He answered short before you two made your way to the kitchen only to find out that Jay was preparing something.

"What are you doing , Jay ? Cooking again?" Ni-ki commented and Jay nodded in response.

"As always. It's fun because this kitchen is so big and has everything you need and want." Jay said and he stopped to look at you two.

"I would love to eat something that you made but I have people that are supposed to cook so don't feel pressured to prepare something." You said and Jay laughed at your concern.

"It's totally fine. It's rare that I get the opportunity to cook in a great kitchen like this."

"If you say so." You said and Ni-ki washed his hands ready to help Jay.

"Why don't you join , princess ? It's going to be fun." Jay said and you nodded excited.

"Ni-ki , could you pick out some vegetables and wash them?" Jay told Ni-ki and he turned around to look at you.

"Do you want to measure the water ?" He asked and you looked at him.

"Did I really join just to measure the water ?" You said , making Jay smile.

"Of course not, I actually wanted to do it myself but if you prefer to do the 'important' work , you can cut the onions and the vegetables Ni-ki is about to bring."

He prepared a cutting board and a knife for you to use and also showed you how to cut it before letting you do it yourself.

"You seem to be quite skilled, Jay. Where did you pick it up?" You asked while looking out for your fingers not to get cut.

"I learned it myself. When we were younger , our parents were usually very busy and I really liked the people in the kitchen since they were so friendly."

"That sounds good. I wish I would be as skilled as you." You said slightly envying him.

"You're not bad either. You still haven't cut your-"

"Ouch." You said monotonous while feeling a little cut form. It wasn't a big cut so you didn't want to be dramatic and licked over your own wound.