14: Take It To The Grave ▪️

Song For This Chapter: J. Cole - She Knows

-Sena(y/n)-

A rapid throbbing encased the front of her head as soon as she opened her eyes. Even though she had slept a full eleven hours, she moved like molasses. Her feet rejected the surface beneath her and her limbs pulled towards it.

After a brief moment of numbness, she was a mess of snot and tears. The face of the doctor she had murdered was a poltergeist in her head; rummaging and mangling through her mind constantly.

Her red tie fell loose while the top buttons on her wrinkled shirt remained undone. She couldn't find the energy to run a brush through her stringy hair. After being on autopilot, she found herself in the back of her family's car.

What if Yoshio was hurting her mother right now? In an attempt to push the thought from her mind, she scrolled through her contacts to a certain number. She clicked the call button and waited while the line rang.

He answered. "Party girl." Giran greeted her.

"Old man." She responded.

"You can't keep callin' me that." He complained.

"What else am I suppose to call you?" She questioned into the phone, curious as to what his response would be.

"That's for you to know, and for me to find out." He replied. She chuckled. Even though they had only hung out last night, she felt like she had known him forever.

"Listen... I hate to ask you this but I was wondering if you could help me with something." She asked in a small voice.

"Another business offer? You know I'll ask for something in return."

She took a deep inhale. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll do whatever."

He chuckled into the phone. "Alright, what can I help my favorite girl with?"

She gulped as she thought of her mother. She didn't know how long Yoshio had been abusing her, all she knew was that it would end soon. She would make sure of it. "...I need a place to stay, for me and my mom. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just four walls and a roof." The line stayed silent for a moment. "Think you can help me?"

"Uhh... you know what? Yeah. I think I can. Gimmie till the end of the day, I got a guy." He answered. She sighed a breath of relief.

"Oh great. Thank you so much. I won't forget this." She urged him.

"No worries. Be a good girl, okay?"

"No promises." She smiled. "Bye."

The line went silent, then lit up once again.

She answered it with a click. "Hello?" She asked into the phone.

"Hey, how's my witch doing?" Hawks' voice was always so cool and calm. The last time she saw him was at the club last night, where she definitely shouldn't have been.

"My head is killing me. I feel like if I fly around too much during my final today I'll throw up." She said while gazing out the window.

"Oh yeah! Your final is today. Hm. You know what might have been a good idea? Staying home and studying like a good student." He nagged.

"Okay, okay. I get it. You can shut up now." She replied. His teasing managed to bring a small grin to her lips.

"Hey, I'm just looking out for you."

"Oh yeah, you're good at doing that with your dick pressed against my ass." She taunted him.

"Hey now." She could hear his anxious breathing over the phone. "It's not like that, you know that."