15: Everything Is Different Now

-Sena(y/n) POV-

-One hour after the Final Exams-

"Mrs. Kashiwazaki, we completely understand why you're upset, and we want you to know that Sena is not in any trouble. All we need is for her to answer some questions down at the station."

"Well, it sounds like you're insinuating that my daughter actually tried to hurt this girl!" My mother challenged investigator Tsukauchi. "She still put the cuffs on, right? She should pass the exam!"

Tick, the wall clock chimed in.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kashiwazaki. No student or parent should be in this situation but, to be fair, we must look at it from all angles. The Ochaco family wants answers as to how this event happened." Principal Nezu apologized. "Until we have those answers, we're going to mark Sena's practical exam as failed."

"This is outrageous!" My mother cried out.

"During the exam, Sena didn't perform well either way. Their attack strategy was completely reckless, especially because their test ground was a model of a public neighborhood. Not to mention the lack of communication and teamwork between the two of them. Even if this situation hadn't occurred, I doubt Sena would have passed the exam." Mr. Aizawa countered.

Tick.

I tried to melt a hole into his thick skull with my stare while Tsukauchi, the man who I presumed to be the head of the investigation, rambled on. Who cares if I caused some damage? I met my goal. That's the only thing that should matter. The goal of killing Ochaco however, wasn't achieved. After two days in the hospital, she'll be good as new, and she'll remember every last thing...

...I should have sliced her head off.

Tick.

"Sena?" Tsukauchi asked again.

"Hm?" I looked at him, lost to the question he had asked me.

"Could you give us your side of the story?" He asked innocently.

A formal interrogation. "Oh...yeah. I can come in." I reassured with a tight throat. The weight of worry loomed over me. "It's fine."

-

"Fuck!" I screamed into my hands, muffling the sound.

Something about the cold, emotionless tiles of the school's bathroom brought me a sense of comfort. The sound of the sink's endless water splashing down the drain, it aided in muffling the sound of my thoughts. My feet moved like cinder blocks as I paced in small circles in the bathroom stall.

My eyes were full of stressed tears that wouldn't flow, causing the muscles behind them to ache.

My life is over.

My entire body was hot, but my sweat was cold as it seeped out from my pores.

She's gonna tell them.

I pushed my clammy palms into my forehead in distress. No matter how hard I tried, I could only manage quick and short, shallow breaths.

They're gonna know everything. Bakugo, Shoto, Momo, Mina, my mom...

That was when the tears fell. I could feel my face contort and twist with emotion as I sobbed on mute. My lungs convulsed as I tried to inhale between releasing the pain of my thoughts.

Why couldn't I have just killed her?!

I grabbed at my own throat in desperation, I could hear it. Bang. The gun, his skull, my cries after I realized what I had done.