35: Beg

Song For This Chapter: Beyonce - Crazy In Love (Remix)/ Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

-Sena(y/n)-

It was only a matter of time.

It didn't take much convincing from Kurogiri to return to the League's hideout after he and Sena's enlightening conversation, and she was far more optimistic after reassurance from him and Giran about the future of her relationship with Tomura. That optimism was not without doubts, however. Every time his cold words ran through her mind, her throat grew tight as well as her heart, but she would be patient, and she would give him the time she owed him.

She waited this long, right?

The warp gate opened into the lobby of the abandoned clinic where Spinner and Mr. Compress played cards amongst the rubble. "Hey, boys." Sena greeted, bounding out of the portal.

"Look who's back in one piece." Spinner glimpsed up from his hand.

"Ah, yes. The female lead has returned." Mr. Compress announced blithely. "I did so enjoy your performance the previous day. This act was starting to get boring."

"Yeah, well, don't get used to it. It'll be smooth sailing from now on, right Kurogiri?" Sena asked, turning to him.

"Exceptionally so." The mist replied. "I'll let my master know we've returned." And with that, he evaporated into the air.

"Want us to deal you in?" Spinner offered her.

"What're you playin'?"

"Poker."

"Sure. I've never played, though." She sat down between them.

Spinner scoffed, shuffling the cards. "You've never played poker, but you've been engaged? Kids these days..."

"Okay, you're like, three years older than me. And I was never engaged. I was betrothed. There's a difference." She clarified.

"Either or, we were all quite surprised by the news. Tell me," Mr. Compress leaned forward, his chin resting in his hand. "Is there a wedding in the not-so-distant future?"

She sighed glumly. "You're not seriously asking that, are you?"

"There she is." Dabi interrupted, drifting up to the group seemingly from a shadow. "I almost thought he scared you away."

"Takes more than that. You should know." She looked him up and down.

"Should I?" He said, checking her out with bad intentions in his cocky eyes. "Oh right, I forgot. Guess I do know a few more things about you these days... Like, who you'll be good for-"

"-Dude!" She gave his legs a firm shove, scrambling to a stand.

"What? What'd I say?" He taunted with a grin.

"You won't say shit."

He narrowed the space, looming above her. "Oh yeah? Or what?"

"Or I'll-"

"-Ahem."

They all looked up to see Tomura peering down from the second floor's balcony. He kept it short and sweet. "Meeting. Ward. Now." His eyes lingered on Sena and Dabi before he turned into the darkness.

In the ward, the league sat on the random assortment of furniture that was haphazardly askew around the room; Spinner on a wooden side table, Dabi and Mr. Compress on the same rusty metal frame, while Magne and Twice opted to lean against the crackly wall. Toga hip-bumped Sena before she slid in next to her on the brown couch that heaved dust when the cushions squished. Tomura stood at the block of a grey metal desk in the center of it all. "We're all here?" He asked.