26: Trust You To Betray Me ▪️

-Sena(y/n)POV-

"W-What are you looking at me for?"

They had entered fight or flight. You could feel it in the air. Everyone in the classroom had their alarmed gaze locked onto me like a target, and my eyes darted to each of them.

Mr. Aizawa shot over to my desk. "Off the record, Is there anything you can tell me about this?" He questioned, staring into my eyes intently.

My heart patterned against my ribs as my shaky gaze met his. "W-What?! No. No! Of course not!" I blurted out.

He sighed heavily and closed the space by leaning over me. "I need you to try to use your quirk to feel how many villains are in the woods. You've had enough rest time, right?"

I tried to catch my breath as well as my thoughts. "Well, it hasn't been that long-"

"-You need to try!" His voice raised with urgency. "This a real situation."

I nodded hesitantly and stood from my seat. To try to make it as easy as possible for myself to grab the molecules, I lowered myself and placed my palms on the ground. I attempted to activate my Telekinesis with every bit of focus I could spare. Like a flickering lightbulb or a battery with little or no juice in it, my quirk barely flashed its power as my brain was pierced with pressure as if it was being forced into a box too small. Streams of blood started to trickle from my nostrils, and my vision started to cloud.

I stopped, heaving in and out before glimpsing up at a disappointed Mr. Aizawa. "I can't." I choked out.

He spun around to face Vlad. "I'll look after the other students. Protect-"

Familiar blue flames exploded, blowing the classroom's door from its hinges and throwing all the desks to the far walls. As soon as I saw the color, I knew exactly who was attacking. The scalding heat toasted my skin as my classmates and I were thrown to the ground with a thud. Grey smoke clouded the ceiling as Kirishima pulled me to my feet and into a huddle with our other classmates.

Dabi drifted into the classroom, but before he could produce another blast, Mr. Aizawa's hair flew up while a wave of blood flowed in the air under Vlad King's control. The blood knocked Dabi to the wall and hardened, binding him. Mr. Aizawa's eyes glowed as he disabled Dabi's quirk.

"What do you want, and where are your friends hiding?" Mr. Aizawa questioned intensely.

Dabi grunted stiffly. "My what?" He looked up. We locked eyes. Though I had seen the turquoise many times before, this was the first time I froze in horror.

I hopelessly mouthed the word, don't.

A vicious smile pulled at the stitches on his face. "Well, there's one right there." Dabi chuckled lowly as the Pros glanced over their shoulder to follow his gaze. "Good to see you Red. It's been a minute... Or should I call you Sena here?"

Hope slipped from my body like a fading dream when you awake.

Like a mirror, the two lives I had created for myself met at a single point. My two selves, Red and Sena, finally faced each other as the mirror shattered. I would try to repair it, but that's what my classmates and teacher would see from now. Heinous cracks in the reflection, as if it was their perception of me, broken forever.

"... No." I gasped weakly, the life deflating from my body.

"Wait, what?" Mina's shaky voice muttered as she slowly turned to me.

"Red?! Sena, what is he talking about?!" Sero questioned as the group began to back away from me with horror in their eyes. I could only stare forward, watching Dabi's menacing laugh.