A - ffection

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ " The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy " ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

Love. According to textbooks, love is a set of emotions and behaviours characterized by intimacy, passion, and commitment. (A/N: credits to https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-love-27953430 )

Hana never familiarised herself with love nor affection besides the way she and her parents claim to love each other. But loving romantically? Not once. She had read about them but reading something and experiencing something she knew, was totally different.

Despite being raised as an independent future heiress of the Yoon company, she too has her own desire. One of them would be falling in love.

Hana wanted to fall in love and experience the feeling of utopia with someone else.

As class ended with the topic of love, everyone winded themselves the moment they were dismissed. She was now left with heavy thoughts.

"Lady Hana, please lock the door when you go out." Mrs Kim smiled before leaving her alone in the classroom. Everyone else had left eagerly yet Hana didn't have anywhere important to go today.

"Even Ms doesn't call me Hana." She muttered under her breath. Burying her head into her arms, she suddenly felt down. Was it because she didn't know what love was? Or was it because everyone else always has to remind her she's from such a high society family.

"Long day?"
She didn't know when, but his voice became her favourite at school. "Mi'lady?"

"Again with the 'lady'." She sighed without looking up at him.

"What's wrong?" Sunghoon asked this time being slightly worried as he had never seen her like that. "Are you sick?"

"No. I'm fine. . . Thank you." She finally lifted her head up to see him seated on the chair in front of her yet, still facing her. "It's just, why can't people just address me normally? It's not like I'm a princess or something."

"Perhaps to their eyes, you are their princess."

"Not in a million years." She sarcastically laughed as she stood up to pack her books away.

They walked across the school, approaching the exit talking about anything they had in mind. Anything which included this:

"Our class was learning about love." Hana explained.

"Wow like the classic Romeo and Juliet love story?" He asked being interested.

"I wouldn't call that romantic nor moving. It's really just tragedy." Hana shrugged.

"Finally someone who agrees with me." Sunghoon replied causing them both to laugh.

"Hey Sunghoon, have you ever been in love?" She asked with no filter.

There was a small pause until he spoke again. However, this wasn't the exact answer she was expecting. Being someone who had never been in love, the sudden emotions she felt within that moment was unexplainable.

"I have." He lowered his voice. "But that was years ago. I was young back then." He covered it up with a chuckle.

"I see..." Hana didn't know how to react.

"I think your driver is waiting for you." He pointed towards the black car parked in front. "Bye Hana." He smiled before waving away in the other direction.

She smiled.

She liked the way he said her name.

Love is quite a complex emotion.

ʜɪ⚞₍⑅ᐢ.ˬ.ᐢ₎♡: nah this is fun. it's kind of addicting to write and I shall not miss such once in a blue moon opportunity to make use of my sudden urge of motivations!! yeah I've showered and have 23 minutes before class starts. I'll probably write more tonight but yeah~

what about you?
what is love to you?

sincerely, lunette.