Y - our

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ " I was enchanted to meet you "☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

After missing their usual meeting twice with the prince, she decided it was time to buff up and brush her feelings aside.

Perhaps talking to him was going to make her feel better in some sort of way.

---

"Your highness, i apologise for the short notice but i thought i needed to make up for the days we skipped our session." she had already sat down the moment one of his maids guided her to his locked room.

"Lady Hana..."
He sounded a bit strange. Maybe it was really her short notice.
"How have you been?"

"Oh just here and there." She coated her words with icing. However, with heat, the icing would melt.

"You're lying."
Bingo. Right through her.

"I would be lying if i said i was doing fine." She sighed whilst holding onto a paper bag. "Oh and also, i dont know if it's to your preference but a few weeks ago, i went to the winter festival with my friend and i initially got this for Sunghoon but i don't think ill give it to him anymore."

"Why not?"

"It's kind of complicated. Long story short, he's too busy with his special someone now and i don't want to be the one to interfere."

"It doesn't hurt to give it to him right?"

"It....does." she whispered. "Anyway here, if you open your door a bit, ill just slide it in."

And with that, the prince did as he was told.

"I hope you like penguins. As i said initially, it was for Sunghoon but who doesn't like penguins." She laughed sarcastically. Laughing was really her only coping mechanism these days.

"Thank you, mi'lady." He whispered back. "But tell me, why does it hurt?"

"Our friendship is over. Sunghoon and i no longer talk and i don't really see a purpose in going to school anymore. He really did make me see a new side yet this new side feels so foreign without him."

"Maybe you can tell him how you feel?"

"It's not that simple. It's more than over if i do. It's just that i don't understand why I'm feeling this way. My heart aches every time i see Sunghoon and it doubles the pain every time he is with her. I always try my best to hide it but i hate this feeling. There's nothing i can do and i hate it so, so much. I hate how i feel so tired every day without even doing anything. I hate how I'm constantly thinking about how bad i feel. I hate how i lie in bed and wonder how dumb i looked. I hate how i lied to him when he asked if i wanted our friendship to be over, BUT I REALLY DIDN'T. I HATE HOW MY STUPID FEELINGS WON'T GO AWAY. I HATE HOW I JUST LOST MY VERY FIRST FRIEND AND I HATE, HATE , HATE, ABSOLUTELY HATE HOW PERFECT HE IS."
Not once has Yoon Hana ever broken down in her past 17 years of life until now. Her bottle up emotions really burst like citric acid mixed with baking soda and water. Like a volcano erupting after many years. Her anger, sadness and aggravation were too much for her to handle.

She didn't know what to do besides . . .
crying.

She hated crying. It was the most vulnerable one can be. Not very reliable.

But at this moment, she couldn't stop crying. She could barely control her breathing because she was practically sobbing.

Tears continued to fall down her cheeks as she buried herself in her polyester sweater.

"I hate how in love i am with him." She cried out.

There.

She admitted it out loud.

Whilst crying to her own hysteric level, she almost didn't catch the way the doorknob twisted as she was no longer leaning against it. Instead, she heard footsteps before one of his knees touched the ground.

A hug.

From the prince.

He was out.

"I told you not to fall in love with the prince." He whispered out. "Hana, I'm sorry you feel this way. Please, don't cry."

Now that he was really beside her, embracing her, her first doubt was correct. His voice was too clear to be unrecognised. The smell of his cologne also gave it away.

"Park Sunghoon." Her breath hitched as she looked up.

He was there all along.

The hidden prince was Sunghoon.

Oh, how pathetic she feels,
how betrayed she felt.

ʜɪ⚞₍⑅ᐢ.ˬ.ᐢ₎♡: 21st, Jan 1:11 am.

um...surprise?

dammit how am i supposed to write the last chapters :(

sincerely, lunette.