Chapter 16

Henry (Peter's) POV:

I wondered around Henry's room, looking at his nightlight and other assorted comics on his desk. Most importantly, I grabbed the storybook Emma gave to me. I flipped through page after page, until stumbling upon the page I needed most.

"Lights out, young man," Regina said.

"Mom," I said, looking at the storybook. "Your vault. Did you bring that over with you?"

"Yes, Henry, you know that," She replied.

"With all your magic?" I asked.

"Why are you asking all these questions?"

"Because I might need that stuff to protect myself from Pan!"

"Oh, honey, he can't hurt you. He's locked up in Gold's shop."

"But what if he gets out? What if... he finds a way to come after me?"

"Magic isn't the answer," She said, closing the storybook. "My vault is sealed shut for a reason. It's dangerous. I'll protect you. No matter what. Now, it's time for you to go to bed."

She tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight.

"Goodnight," She said, flicking off the light and closing the door.

After the coast was clear, I hopped out of bed and pulled aside the curtains. I unlocked the latch on the window and opened it, sticking my head outside.

"She's wrong," I said. "Magic is the answer. It's time."

At the town harbor, I summoned my Shadow and it was released from the sail. It then flew off into the empty streets of Storybrooke.

Y/n's POV:

After finally waking up, yawning from slight exhaustion, i decided to go out for some breakfast. I couldn't help but stand in the mirror as I saw myself wearing Felix's cloak. I couldn't believe he actually gave this to me. After admiring myself in the mirror once more, I made sure to put on some other warm clothes such as earmuffs and gloves and then headed over to Grannys for a bite to eat.

"Hey Ruby," I said, greeting her as she cleaned a table.

"Hey, Y/n!" Ruby said. "How are you doing? Sleep well?"

"Ya. I'm doing good. It was definitely nice to sleep on a mattress though."

"I bet!"

I walked over to the counter, as Granny looked up at me from the register.

"Hey, Y/n," Granny said.

"Good morning Granny!" I said, excited to order my food.

"What can I get for you today?"

"Hmm... How about my usual coffee but maybe add a chocolate chip breakfast muffin? That would be great."

"Coming right up!" Granny said, taking the cash from me and putting it into the register. I waited for only a few minutes and then grabbed my coffee and muffin and started to head out the door.

"Thanks, Granny!" I said as I left the diner. I walked down the street, sipping my coffee and eating the muffin I had bought.

"Mmm," I said to myself. "Delicious as always." I looked up from my muffin and saw the same sign as last night.

"Maybe... Nah, I shouldn't," I said, still muttering to myself. I looked around for a second and then after a bit of thinking, I decided to start walking to the door of the station. I opened it and stepped inside.

I walked into the station and put my muffin and coffee down on a table near the front door, so I could grab it later. I then walked into the main room, expecting to see Felix in his cell, but it was empty. The door swung side to side, hanging open.