Slow Dance

Miranda stood at her kitchen island creating her famous lemonade. She checked off each step that was written on her note card.

- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 lemons squeezed (throw the pulp out!)
- 1 1/2 quarts of cold water
-Teaspoon of honey (for the smooth sweet texture)

She made sure to squeeze all the juice from the lemons in her juicer. After everything was prepared she stuck it in the refrigerator for an hour and a half.

The day was beautiful. Blue skies, greenery, and warm breezy weather. Other than the rain, summer was very beautiful in Seattle. 

Miranda ran in her room and put on a yellow wrap dress with white sandals. Her hair was curled to her shoulders

After the right amount of time she removed her lemonade and separated the liquid into her mason jars. One for her, Ben, and their children.

She debated on whether she should sit in her Treehouse but it was too hot. She stood staring up at the tall structure. She had to shade her eyes from the bright sky.

"I'll just go when it cools down. Maybe Ben can come up with me." She thought.

Her husband built her treehouse. She adored that man and loved him deeply. There was nothing he wouldn't do for her.

She sat down on the front porch and sipped her refresher. As she got older she realized how much work she indulged in. She needed a cutback so she found herself on most days taking in the nature.

"Young Bailey would eat me alive." Miranda laughed to herself. Inside it sounded like Ben had finally arrived home from work.

He walked outside since he seen the screen door wide open and saw his wife sitting on their bench.

"Hey baby. You look beautiful on this fine day." He walked over kissing her on the cheek.

Her and Ben were married best friends, but their arguments were more like siblings. The petty end was Miranda. When she was mad you knew.

"I know I do. How was work?" Miranda asked side eyeing him as he sat next to her. She knew she was being petty but he annoyed her. It still didn't stop her from showing her love to him.

She raised her mason jar to her husbands mouth and held a hand under his chin. "Taste." She demanded.

He praised her on the taste and sweetness. He didn't like his wife being mad at him. He missed her and he loved her tremendously.

"You have a jar in the refrigerator." Miranda said and she turned looking into the street.

Ben stood up and she thought he was getting his glass but she felt him pull her on her feet. "Ben I'm relaxing." She whined.

"You can relax in a minute. You hear the music?" Ben pulled her in by her waist and swayed back and forth. He sat her glass on the bench.

"We can talk about the baby. We can talk until we're crazy. We can focus on it now, or we can focus on it later."

Miranda held Ben around his back and rest her head on his chest. What a way to engage on a hot summer day.

"We can start another fight. We can argue and fuss all night. But I propose, that we go to the floor, and we slow dance."

Ben wrapped his hand around hers. After, He dipped her and lifted her up. He watched, bright as day, Miranda's smile light up.

He snapped her up and twirled her around before clinging her back to his chest. She caressed his back and smiled taking his scent in.

"Okay I can admit I wasn't really mad. I'll have to work on not holding grudges." Her thoughts ran rapid again.

"Ben I'm sorry." She innocently spoke into his chest. She felt Ben wrap his arms tightly around her waist.

"Tonight I wanna dance, can you do that with your man yeah? Tonight I wanna groove and let the music make you move."

She pulled back and held his hands. She looked up at him and he grinned at her. His slanted eyes twinkled above her.

"I'm not mad anymore. Just don't throw water on me again." She sentimentally scolded him. He giggled before kissing her cheek.

"I won't I promise." He hugged her tight and pulled away going in the house. So she went and sat back down.

Benjamin came out with his mason jar of lemonade and sat with her. They talked about work, the world, their children, and how much they loved one another.

"Hey mom!" - "hey Ben and Miranda!" Tuck and Joey hollered running up the driveway.

A black SUV pulled in and everyone's face lit up. As they opened the back door, little baby Pru came sprinting toward them.

She smiled bright as she held her arms wide open and everyone gave her a group hug.

Pru's grandparents waved to them before pulling off after spending time with the little girl.

"Manda!" she yelled and ran to Miranda.

Miranda pulled her up and sat her on her lap. "Hi baby girl! You want lemonade?" She asked and pru shook her head yes.

So Miranda gave everyone their glass and they all found themselves filled on the porch. Laughing, playing, and loving one another.

Miranda couldn't have had it any other way.

Slow dance; John Legend