Up in flames 2

Miranda walked around her hospital and everyone stayed out of her way. Nobody knew what was wrong but they didn't dare get in her way.

Knocking on her door, Richard walked in smiling bright as ever.

"Ahhh beautiful day don't you say? There's always two type of people, the ones who make the day bright, and the others who drag the day to hell" he sat in front of her.

"And just what does that mean?" She dropped her pen waiting for his extravagant explanation. She wasn't in the mood.

Richard sucked in air as the atmosphere thickened around him. Miranda got mad but never like this.

He cleared his throat. "I mean that, Bailey you just are dragging this day to hell. And know I don't mean any disrespect, but people are scared to even walk near you."

"Maybe I have something to be angry about! Getting this hospital together isn't an easy job." She stated.

"You know that is not what I'm talking about. Now do you want to tell me or do I have to open my mouth?" He challenged.

Miranda sat for a second, it was 50/50 that anybody knew what was going on . But knowing Richard he knew everything.

Rolling her eyes she groaned. "Ben and I aren't in the best situation right now." She folded her arms sitting back in her chair.

Richard nodded listening to her.

"He's not doing good at work, I may or may not have gotten him put on temporary leave. BUT it's for his own good. He's become reckless and I understand why... fighting for Pru is a lot on both of us. But I'm not acting out!" She yelled.

"You know Ben will get it together soon. He's got a lot on his back. Did you think that maybe he feels that it's his fault? He's probably taken this on as his responsibility because he didn't want to let you down..."

"I did not. But I told him it was on both of us. He knows he's not in this alone."

"He might know that, but he doesn't feel that. This is what he created and he's trying his best to hold it together. For you and for that little girl. Talk to him Bailey, and actually let him explain himself. Don't Bailey him." He stood.

"Do I do that?" She cringed.

"You do. But you mean well, I know. Now get out of here. Go get your husband." He grabbed her purse and handed it to her.

She stumbled out her office as Richard piled her belongings in her arms. He really just kicked her out, she thought.

"Ben?" She called out entering her home. She sat her keys and purse on the table and walked into the living room.

"Yea Miranda?" Ben walked into the living room picking up his dishes. She smiled seeing him.

She couldn't lie, she missed him a lot. Just seeing him made her heart flutter. She didn't want him to suffer like he was. He didn't have to or even do it alone.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Just like I was fine two weeks ago." He said spiteful washing his dishes.

"Ben. I'm not here to fight with you. In fact I'm here to apologize." She exhaled standing on the other side of the island table.

He didn't talk or turn around. She rolled her eyes and walked to him touching his arm.

"Ben. Can we talk?" She looked at him and she watched him side eye her before turning the faucet off.

He stood against the counter and folded his arms looking away from her. She couldn't believe he was really mad at her.

"I'm sorry Ben. I didn't mean for this to blow up like it did. What I thought would help, ended up hindering you even more. I just don't want you to be fighting this alone, we both took on the responsibility of Pru."

"Miranda... I know I'm not fighting this alone. I-it's just, I should be the one who has to fix this. My bestfriend died and I promised him this. I'm trying to honor his wishes and his parents are blocking me."

"I hear you babe... but I am here. I loved Dean too. I know he would want us to fight this together. It's not all on you. I'm with you every step of the way even if I didn't want to do it at first... I do now. The minute she ran in my arms I was game."

"You hear me Benjamin?" She stepped in front of him and waited for him to lower his head. When she did her heart filled with joy.

She held his waist before wrapping her arms around his body. Her head resting on his chest. She was struggling to breath because of ben holding her so tight.

"I'm so sorry Miranda. I caused you so much stress and I scared you. God I would never hurt you intentionally. I love you so much." He kissed her cheek.

"Ben I know. You're a good man and I know it was just the anger. But you cannot do this anymore. You promised me that you would talk when you were feeling down. I need you to talk to me. Okay?"

"Yes I will talk. I think it's an ego thing, but I don't ever want to scare you again."

"Yeah cuz you almost lost your life that day. Oh and your buying me a new mug." She pushed him.

"I'll buy you a dozen mugs. Do you forgive me?" He stepped her level rubbing her skin under her shirt.

"Depends. How were you gonna make it up to me?" She wrapped her arms around his neck. She tried to play it off like she didn't want him.

"I can show you." He said low. Miranda eyed him suspiciously as he started to crouch down. His arms wrapped around her thighs before lifting her in the air.

"Ben! You are crazy!" She laughed as he sat her on the counter and removed her shirt. He laid a kiss on her stomach before grabbing her chin.

"Only crazy for you." He kissed her mouth before moving to her pants.

"Lay back for me." He commanded and she did. They continued in the kitchen for what seemed like hours as she let Ben take all his frustration out deep inside her.