Lately

After Miranda officiated Callie and Arizona's wedding she went in the back and sat at the bar. Callie walked over smiling so bright.

"You did wonderful Bailey! Thank you!" She thanked her as she gave Miranda a hug.

"Thank you girl! I was so nervous. But you both looked so beautiful." Miranda smiled then turned to the bar ordering a whiskey. Her smile faded slightly and she spaced off a little.

"Hey you alright?" Callie asked holding her arm. She knew her friend and that she was holding back. Which was bothering the both of them.

"Oh I'm alright. At least I will be... I think. It's your special day, so don't mind me. I'll be up to dance with you" Miranda shooed her away. She didn't want to spoil the day. Especially if she wasn't sure about what she was thinking.

"No your my friend and you look lonely. Is it because of Benjamin?" Miranda looked at her and smiled slightly. Callie knew her like the back of her hand.

"I just miss him. We were so good and I know we would be having a wedding because that was the type of man he was. I just messed that up." I shook my head holding back tears.

Hell it's been almost a year since she's spoken to him. How could she be so stupid in letting him get away. He probably doesn't even remember her.

"No you were not okay. It's not your fault. And I'm sure Ben knows that to. What about Eli? Where is he." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I asked for a break a long time ago. Just needed to get my thoughts situated because I know there is no future with him. Ben is who I want." I shook my head as I felt the revelation.

"Yeah. Thank you Callie for talking to me! I have to find Benjamin." I stood from my seat beginning to run out of there. Callie turned around and grabbed my arm.

"Wait are you sure! Maybe you wanna talk about this some more?" Miranda looked at her and stopped. Callie was surprised.

"I've talked for so long and I always come to this end. Callie I'm sure that I want Benjamin. He's who I love." I smiled and Callie reciprocated.

"Go get him friend. And have some great sex. Make up sex is the best." I hugged her and ran out of there. In the car I pulled my phone out and went to Benjamin's contact.

"Now or never." I huffed before I hit dial. It rung and it felt like forever. I sat biting my nails and shaking my leg in anticipation and fear.

"Hello" I couldn't speak. All the stuff I recited did not flow. I couldn't get it out.

"Miranda" Ben stated. I exhaled coming down from my panic. 

"Hi Ben" I spoke breathlessly. "Hey?" To keep this from going awkward I'm just gonna get into it.

"Ben I need to talk to you can you meet me somewhere?" I sat with my eyes closed . "Umm sure. I'll text you a place and you just come by." I said okay and hung up.

I sat in the quiet car. Heavy breathing and the continuous beat of my heart filled the air. As I exhaled I began laughing. Being scared was out of place for me. Ben made all my feelings sprout.

I finally started driving and met him at the place he texted. Looking around it was the park we would walk around. Remembering those talks about possibly getting a small dog and walking it with Tuck.

He sat on the bench with his hood on and hands in his pockets. I walked out still in my dress and heels from the wedding.

I stopped at the grass because my heels were gonna sink in. I looked up when I heard Ben moving and turned around.