All in a night

Miranda thought she was dreaming. She heard the succulent sound of the sweetest music ever made.

Laid up in her hotel room she raised from her slumber. The crickets and moonlight told her what time it was. She stood slipping on her silk robe and walked over to the window.

The breeze flowed around the curtains. She stepped out on the balcony and looked toward the sky swooning in the sound of the trumpet.

She looked in the street, maybe someone was playing down there. But the deep 'hey' sounded to her left.

Turning, She seen a man with only pajama pants on and a trumpet in his hand. He winked at her as he put the instrument back to his mouth.

She walked to the edge of the balcony and rested her arms against the railing. She stared intently completely swarmed with his sound.

Once he finished he walked over doing the same action as her. They stared at each other smiling.

"You sounded amazing. I thought I was dreaming." Miranda smiled giggling. The man matched a giggle that made her heart drop.

He was beautiful, she thought. Miranda looked in his eyes as she felt captivated by his inviting presence.

"Thank you and I'm sorry if I woke you from your beauty sleep. Even though your beauty is outstanding." He smiled with his hands resting under his chin.

"Thank you Um.."

"Ben. Benjamin Warren." He reached his hand out for her to shake.

"Miranda Bailey." They shook hands for a while. Once she blinked she was brought out of her daze.

She blushed looking down and letting his hands go. "Don't you think it's rather late to play your instrument outside?" She asked him.

"Well I would play it inside, but then I couldn't witness the rise of a queen." He spoke. His words made her feel good. Better than she felt in a while.

"Oh stop" She waved him off looking away again. This man had her feeling dreamy for the first time in a long time.

"How about you join me inside and I'll play more for you. I have wine and I can order us some food." He suggested.

Folding her arms she silently thought about it. Normally she would be strict and stern about strangers, but why not live for once. She didn't get a weird vibe from the man.

"Well only if you promise me front row seats to hear you play everytime?" She asked.

"Anything for you." He smiled walking into his hotel.

So she went inside locking her French balcony doors to her hotel room. She debated on taking her phone just in case. You can never be too sure.

But deciding against it, She grabbed her key card and went to knock on his door. It was cracked open and she laughed before pushing the door open and peaking her head through.

"Ben?" She called out closing it behind her. She looked around before she heard him call out that he was in the living room.

"Wine and room service. What would you like?" He asked as she sat next to him. He had the phone to his ear and she pulled the menu from him.

"A Turkey sandwich please and thank you." She smiled. Room service would come in the next hour.

They moved over to the chairs that sat in front of the windows. "I'll pay you back." She made sure to say.

"No please it's on me. Since I woke you up." He smiled.

"How long you been playing the trumpet?" She asked her attention shifting to the case and stand near it.