Wise Chats

"So what does that mean?"

Adora was flopped across Bow's bed, scrolling through Catra's Instagram feed as Bow leaned against the bed frame, a book about archery or something like it propped up in his lap.

"Why are you reading about Archery anyway, it's a bit random."

"Mr. Hawk said we're starting the unit on it soon, it's my best sport."

Adora looked up from her scrolling, a smile framing her face.

"Huh, fitting. Bow is good at archery."

Bow narrowed his eyes in mock annoyance, swiping away Adora's phone in retaliation.

"You're hilarious, and you have a massive crush."

Adora involuntarily blushed, reaching for her phone.

"I do not! Give it back before you like something!"

She grabbed like a child, jumping up to her knees as Bow scrolled through.

"Oops, my fingers slipped."

Adora tackled Bow as he double clicked on a post, Bow laughing as she finally got hold of her phone, examining the damage done. She wasn't really mad at him, but she was slightly annoyed.

"You dick, that post was like from a year ago!"

"Calm down, she has so many followers she won't realize one like."

"She will if it's from me."

Bow didn't argue that, looking slightly apologetic as Adora sighed, slumping back down on the bed.

"No way to do damage control now, I just have to live in shame."

She sulked in exaggeration, grabbing the pillow and smothering her face. Bow pulled it off quickly, jumping on the bed to sit next to her. Adora wasn't sure where Glimmer was, she wasn't in the dorm when she returned. It was likely due to the prospect of being alone with Bow.

"You know, I think you want to be friends with Catra."

Adora sighed, propping herself up on elbows to look at Bow, mulling over his theory.

"Why do you have to be right?"

"It's a talent."

Bow winked and Adora chuckled lightly at her friend. As much as she hesitated to admit it, seeing Catra around so much and yet being so far away from her was...painful. It was if she was a stranger, someone erased from her life and redrawn back in at the last second. Adora had spent years thinking of Catra, wondering what happened to her after she left...and now she knew. And she didn't want to leave things so weird and hostile between them. She wanted to be Catra's friend.

"I don't know what to do, Bow. I want to be her friend, but she doesn't want to be mine."

Bow hummed in contemplation, looking at Adora as if she was a tricky math problem or something.

"I'm not sure that's necessarily true, repeat the words Catra said. The ones about something being broken."

Adora responded quickly, that specific line repeating like a record in her head.

"It meant nothing when you broke it."

Bow leaned back against the wooden beam connecting to his bedframe, and Adora turned curiously to him.

"Did you make something together? I don't know like an object or something significant in the orphanage?"

Adora mentally flicked through her stored memories of the Horde. There wasn't really any resources available to make something of note.