The things that mattered were broken and shattered .

-

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-

=GREYSON'S POV=

Every second felt like centuries. Every part of me was hurting, what did I do? Why is Destiny taking so long? Thousand and millions of questions bludgeoning me to death.

What if she didn't make it? Damn! I smacked my own head with my hand in frustration, shaking it violently in a faint attempt to get rid of all the negative thoughts that were starting to overwhelm me. 

She'll be alright. I repeating, convincing myself, trying to stay calm in the chaos I created in my own mind. She must be, or else I would lose the light to my life. 

Just then, the door snapped open, the doctor came out with a emotionless grim expression. Oh-no. "Doctor, how's Destiny?" I asked without any delay, jumping up from my seat, lunging at the doctor in pristine crisp white coat. 

"Are you a family member of Destiny Michelle Whitney?" he asked, pushing his old-fashioned spectacles, with a grim look on his face, which made me more nervous than i ever had in my life.

"I guess that is a no? Sorry to disappoint you but I would had to speak to her family first, this is part of the hospital rule." he said, solemn, after not getting a reply from me. The look on his face didn't change. 

"But you may go in to see her if you want." he said, after changing into a softer tone. 

"Thank you Doc." I murmured, gathering as much strength as I could, I proceed to the door and walked in. 

 *  * * * * * * *

"Destiny?" I whispered to myself. There is the girl I loved more than anyone else in the world. She was lying on the bed, emotionless, I felt countless merciless stab in my heart at the sight of her current condition. She looked pale and weak. She must had been suffering from some kinda sickness but wasn't willing to tell me.  I didn't know what kills me more, the fact that I didn't know what happened to her, or Me, myself, being the one who triggered it. 

I ran my fingers through her smooth alabaster skin, stroked her naturally gorgeous blond hair and lingered at the fingers. I swear I would do anything, just anything, to turn back time. I couldn't believe I ruined the girl I loved most. I was such a jerk as I thought back all the promises I told her, all those broken promises.

I looked up to God, and vowed, I would make it up to her as soon as she wake up, please, give me a chance to do so, she doesn't deserve this, I do. 

* * * * * ** * * 

I held Destiny's hand in mine and watched her for how long, then the door creaked open, someone came in. I turned over to see who was it. 

"Hey Greyson.." Vicky said, moving herself to the empty chair beside me. She looked like she'd been crying. Although I am not a close friend with Vicky, everyone knows she's a cheerful and lively girl, her smile seemed to be ceaseless, as if nothing in this whole entire universe is able to bring her down, nobody ever seen her cry.

"Hi Vicky" My voice not more than a whisper yet audible in the absolute silence in the room at the moment.

"Did Destiny tell you anything? " she asked, obviously containing much emotions behind that sentence.

Destiny. I punched my fist into my own palm in rage. I hadn't spoken to her since that night. I couldn't believe she actually tricked me into believing that she was Destiny, I was                such a fool! I shook my head unable to make myself speak

"I bumped into her just now...she told me that Destiny had leukemia. Before I could response, she ran away."Vicky 's voice trailed off. 

I remained reticent, I was at a lost of words. 

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

[A/N: Hola people, all of you who are still reading this are legends. It had been some time since my last update, i was having a very busy schedule, i'm currently a form four student -i'm sixteen, we are called form four in my country, just in case you're wondering, do tell me what is sixteen year old in your country too maybe? - and it had been a lot different compared to form three last year, this is how crappy the education in my country is, they leave such a big a gap in between that most of the people most probably would suffer from depression which lead to either over-stressed or giving up all hopes to study. I really wanna thank Greyson for giving me the best medicine ever, helping me to release my tension with his ever so beautiful voice.

Other than that, i would wanna take this opportunity to congratulate Clare for Greyson finally noticed her amazing drawing talents and retweeted her ( @ClareSayHey ) yesterday. Well, she's actually the one of the first Enchancers i ever knew, from instagram ( @purplesky97 ) , you guys should check her out! 

Hope you guys liked this chapter, hopefully you guys will find it worth to wait and do VOTE/COMMENT ! And, hello to all my new fans, thank you for fanning, if you haven't fan me, what are you waiting for? By fanning me, you'll get the fastest scoop of me !  You guys have no idea how much each fan/vote/comment meant to me !  That's all from me for now. Stay tuned for my next update. x ]