My heart still beats for you.

[ Dedicating this chapter to Naomi, for helping me to edit my story here. Thanks girl, you rocks! xx ]

-

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-

How long had I been dozing off? I remembered visiting Dr Too when I felt sick at Greyson’s celebration party. Just then, my stomach grumbled. I laughed softly at myself, then got out of bed and walked down to the kitchen to grab myself some good foodstuff.

Just as I reached the living room, my heart stopped beating. I just stood there, transfixed on the scene unfolding before me.

Britney - my very own twin sister - was on the sofa bed with Greyson, my boyfriend. They were holding onto each other desperately and smooching like there’s no tomorrow!

I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself. It hurts, but what hurt most was my heart. I felt like I was being ripped to shreds and my heart was torn apart. I couldn’t believe it.

This is impossible. This is a terrible dream, and I’m just wrong to be awake. I bit my lips, hard, trying with great difficulty to not cry out.

I headed for the door. I ran as if I was running for my life, but what I was running from was actually the fact that I was being betrayed. I tripped over the curb at the roadside and fell down. Blood oozed out my grazed palms and knees.

How could they?!

How could Greyson cheat on me behind my back?

How could Britney do that to me?

I ran and ran and ran. I didn’t know where to go, but I just couldn't go back to that place; that place where my heart shattered into a million pieces.

I fell down again, my palms and knees still bleeding profusely. I wondered if I could just bled to death, since I didn’t know what to live for anymore. Both people who I cared most on this entire universe betrayed me.

* * * * * * * *

“Good morning beautiful! Well, Idk, you say good morning when people wake up. I hope you slept well. I’m outside, just call me anytime if you need anything girl! I’ll be there for you anytime. Ps: Although big girls don’t cry, but it’s okay if crying out makes you feel better. But don’t drown my bedroom!! Lot os love, Vii. ”

That's what the slender cursive writing on the paper beside my phone said. I was so touched. She’s my best friend - well, besides Greyson and Britney, but they are no longer people I should keep close, right?

I happened to drop by her house in the middle of the night and she woke up to let me in without complaining, letting me have her room, and cleaning my wounds.

Brrrr…. My phone vibrated on the table beside me. I unlocked my phone and read the text from Greyson.

"I’m truthfully sorry. Please Destiny, I can explain.” It was the 31st text I'd received from Greyson since yesterday.

The majestic sun had already took it's place at the highest spot in mid air. My lips were parched and my throat were dehydrated. The searing sun penetrated my skin and i could feel my body temperature rising.  

I’d been in Vicky’s room, half lying, half sitting, being in the same position for hours. Without looking in the mirror, I knew that my eyes were red and puffy from crying. I probably worse than hell now, but who cares?

My eyes spotted Vicky’s magazine on the shelf with Britney on the cover, her pretty confident smile that could win anything dazzling, my very own twin, the girl who I spent my whole life together with. How ironic! I laughed without humour at myself.

“Dee?” Vicky peeked in. She held out her phone, “Your call.” She pressed the phone against my ear.

“I can explain, Dee. I swear I didn’t mean that, I-" I ended the call and turned to Vicky, trying to put on a murderous look, but I obviously failed miserably because she let out a small giggle and sat beside me.

“Why don’t you try to listen to his explanation?” she asked, rubbing me gently on my wound.

“Give him a chance. After all, he’s all you ever wanted," she cooed soothingly.

“What can he explain? I saw it with my own eyes," I gritted through my teeth. Without noticing it, fresh tears sprung to my already swollen red eyes.

"Shhh... Aww. My dear baby girl, don’t cry honey.” She pulled me into her thin arms.

“You didn’t know how much it hurts, Vi. Am I being stupid? He is Greyson Chance, not the Greyson Chance I grew up with, he is already THE Greyson Chance. I’m just a plain girl. Brit... Britney is a super model at least…” I sobbed and choked out the words that sliced my heart into a million pieces.

“You silly girl…you’re the most amazing girl I’ve ever met," Vicky comforted, patting my back gently. That sentence was familiar. He told me that, too, and what happened to me now? I didn’t know. I soon fell into sleep again.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

[ A/N: how's the chapter? Unexpected, or not? If you liked what you read, do click on the VOTE button, or even FAN me, i would be more than pleased, if you would share it with your friends or something. If you don't, tell me why would you please? Don't you just leave after reading!! ]