| 1 | ~ love at first sight

I just moved to a new town called Encanto because my parents found a new job here. My parents also told me that my mum's childhood friend lived in Encanto — I think the friend was named Pepa. I was so excited to make new friends, and have lots of memories!

It's been 2 weeks since you moved to Encanto. Your house is already complete with all of the furniture you need.

I decided to go for a walk around the town, and have a self-tour. "MUM! I'M GONNA GO FOR A WALK!!" I said, raising my voice. I was wearing a gym bra and some biker shorts. I wanted to go for a jog, too.

I put my AirPods on and left my house, shutting the door. I got on my phone and played my favourite music that made me motivated.

I saw all of the mini shops and all of the children playing tag, this place must be really safe! My parents made the right decision moving here. I hope I make lots of friends...

I walked into a jewellery shop. I wasn't gonna buy anything, I was just admiring some necklaces. I didn't look where I was going because I was too astonished from the shines of the gems, and I accidentally bumped into a woman.

She had curly, ginger hair, a yellowish-orangish dress and there stood a boy behind her with a orangish-yellowish ruana and really curly hair. I bumped into her so hard that I fell off the ground. "OH MY GOSH, I'm so sorry!" I cried, locking eye contact with her. She picked me up and replied "It was my fault, sweetheart. I'm so sorry!". She put her hand on her chest. "Oh, it's alright. But I wasn't looking where I was going." I shrugged my arms. "No worries! You do look really familiar though... I feel like I know you." She said, scratching her head. I took off my AirPods. "I don't recognise you at all. But I do look like my mum, I have a feeling you're talking about her." I said. I always get mentions that I look EXACTLY like my mum so that's probably why she found me familiar. She looked like the same age as my mum, too. My mum is 49 and she looked like she was in my mum's age gap. "Hmm... what's your mum's name then? I remember a face like yours telling me that she had a daughter." She smiled at me. I didn't wanna invade my mum's privacy, I'll just say her name.. that's it.

"Uhm, my mum's name is [insert mum's name lol]...." I said, quietly. "Hold on... I know a [insert mum's name]. And she looks exactly like you..." the woman said. "I'm from the [l/n] family." she covered her mouth. "I KNOW YOUR MUM!" she jumped in excitement, while I was fiddling with my hands. "Well, I guess so... what's your name?" I asked her to make sure I knew her — since I basically knew all of my mum's friends.

"Pepa. Pepa Madrigal." She said confidently. I was talking to... my mum's "childhood" friend... I stood there, shocked.

Camilo's POV

Me and my mami were going shopping around town, and she happened to run into some girl that looked like she was around my age ... she looked kinda cute. I know I just met her but I swear, she looked so kind and she was REALLY pretty. but they kept talking and talking, I kinda wanted to leave but I still wanted to admire her. I kept fidgeting with my ruana, but turns out she's my mami's childhood friend's daughter. what a coincidence. I mean, that means we can interact with eachother someday. I wanted to be friends with her.

Back to Y/n's POV

"So... your family just moved here to Encanto?" She asked, as I explained everything. "mhm, yeah. I live like 2 streets away from here." I pointed to a street that led to my house. "Oh, great! I'd love to get to know your mum's recent events, are you guys free for dinner?" she politely said. "Yeah, none of us are busy." I said calmly. "AWESOME! Our house is that big, colourful one over there. It's basically the biggest one in town." She said brightly. She had a sun above her head.. I got confused, but I nodded it away. "Alright, thanks..." I said, and she walked away with that boy. It looked like it was his son... but he winked at me while he was leaving the shop. That was weird... but hear me out, he was kinda... nevermind.