Fezco- Empathy

Not edited-
Words 1020
1-27-22

Your pov-

I looked over at fest his head resting on his fist, his eyes closed, like he was praying but trying to hide it. Rue had just come to the house banging on the door screaming at him for ruining her life and how he should sell to her since he caused this.
"You...okay?" I asked I didn't wanna bother him if he was praying, he didn't do it much but he did.
"Hmm? Ya." He looked over at me before his head fell back onto the couch back and he looked at the ceiling.
"Is it rue?" I asked, he didn't answer, didn't even move,"you know it's not your fault, she's an addict, she's manipulating you, that's what she does."
"I know." He answered plainly.
"You're an addict too Fez." He looked over at me,"you're addicted to youre own empathy, you always feel bad for people who you shouldn't, you're killing yourself listening to every addicts goddamn problems fez."
"If people needa talk I'm here to listen." He says up shrugging his shoulders.
"Do they listen to you? About what you've gone through? The abuse your dad put you through?  How youve been slinging drugs since you were 8? How youre basically a single dad? How you take care of the lady who was supposed to be taking care of you and how you dropped out to take of her and ash?"  I asked and leaned towards him,"have you even told anyone about any of that."
"I've told you." He said.
"Other people fez, does Ash even have a clue of the shit you when through before Marie came and got you from your dad? Or how you were the only one who could get him to stop crying for his mom? What about when you had memory loss and all you could do was worry your ass off about Ash, does he know that?"
"I barely even remember that myself so no." He shook his head,"but you know so no one else really gotta."
"Fezco that's not Healthy, you're 19 and you've been an adult since you were 8."
"Okay and?" His tone was sort of annoyed.
"I think you need a therapist."
"I'd be sent to jail and ash would be sent into the system or even juvie, im not doing that."  I looked at him and he looked at me, I saw pain in his eyes, pure as day.
"You're hurting Fez." He stood up.
"I gotta go get ash from school and open the shop for the next few hours." He grabbed his blunt from the ashtray and his lighter. He lit is as he walked away, I got off of the couch and followed.
"Why do you put up with her shit fez?" He did acknowledge it,"why do you deal with Rue so much when she's just gonna hurt you fez?"
He didn't respond, as he walked in front of me k was left in the cloud of smoke following him,"everything she says means nothing!"
"Exactly (y/n)!" He turned around quickly and I almost ran into him,"everythin' she says. Means. Nothing. She's an addict, and she family (y/n) she's like my lil' sis. So yes imma fuckin worry about her!"
"Would she did the same for you Fez!?" He bit the inside of his cheek giving me that serious look he gave me when he took of his sweater on New Years before he attacked Nate.
"Get the Fuck outta my house (y/n)." He grabbed his keys from the table by the door,"I'll see you later."
"Ya at the shop in like half an hour." I scoffed.
"No, don' come to work tonight, don' come here again tonight, I'll see you later." I shook my head and opened the door walking out.
He gives me lectures likes tjis yet when I try to help him the way he tries to help me I'm thrown out. I've spent hours listening to him lecture me on taking care of myself and worrying about me first but the moment he needs the reality he's crossed on the idea.

I opened the metal gate and it closed behind make making that harsh clank sound which made me flinch slightly.
"Yo (y/n)." Fez called out, I looked over at him as he locked the gate.
"You gonna tell me to leave California too while I'm at it?" I asked as he walked over to my car.
"I'm sorry." He said as I opened the door,"you right, aight? You fuckin right."
"About what?"
"Me caring too much and shit." He admitted,"but that don't mean I'm not gonna stop carin."
"I want you to still care fez you're a sweet person but you need to also focus on what that is doing to you. I haven't seen that cheeky ass grin you get when you're happy in months, ash has noticed too, that's saying something Fez."  I felt like his mom right now.
"Really?" His brows furrowed and his tilted to the left a bit.
"Ya Fez, he's constantly asking me if you're okay and if I know what's going on with you." I crossed my arms,"you need to take care of yourself, I'm being serious, meditate or some shit."
"I meditate daily."
"Zoning out in the couch or in your bed while smoking a blunt because your super high doesn't count."  I shook my head,"Join me for yoga one day."
"I don't bend that way, I bend people that way." He winked and I tried to stop myself from smoking and laughing at the remark.
"Look, what if I picked up Ash and ran the shop for today, you stay home and rest, take a nap, a fuckin bath, I don't know. But you turn around and get your ass back in that house or Fezco O'Neil I pray tht god saves your ass." He turned around with my words, walking right back to the gate.
"See you around 9." He waved as the gate closed behind him.
"Yup!"