Dreams Into Reality.

"You ready to go yet (Y/N)?" Joe called for what seemed the tenth time

"Yeah, I think so..." (Y/N) replied hesitantly.

(Y/N) appeared at the top of the stairs with several bags in hand as she made her way down the steps.

"Here, let me help you, babe." Joe offered, taking most of the baggage (Y/N) was carrying.

"Do we really have to go?" (Y/N) whined.

"Oh come on (Y/N), it will be fun."

"Your idea of fun is camping?!" (Y/N) responded with her hands firmly on her hips.

"It's an experience..." Joe pointed out before he was cut off by (Y/N).

"Yeah but I just don't like the idea of being in the wilderness with....wild animals and God knows what."

"Don't worry baby girl, I'll keep you safe... I promise." Joe winked trying to reassure (Y/N).

"You promise?"

"Pinky promise... You might even enjoy it."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at the suggestion as she locked the front door to their home. She got settled in the passenger seat and watched Joe load their luggage into the boot of the car from the rearview mirror.

Once they were on the road, (Y/N) wasted no time in finding out where Joe was planning on taking them...

"So, you gonna tell me where we're going?"

"No, you know it's a surprise baby girl,"

"But I wanna know!" (Y/N) whined.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Joe chuckled softly.

(Y/N) folded her arms tightly across her chest exhaling sharply as she began scrolling through her phone to mask her irritated state. About an hour and a half had passed and they were not even close to their destination. (Y/N) was sleeping soundly and Joe was beyond annoyed. He puffed out his cheeks, pulling onto the side of the road to read over the directions on the sat-nav.

"Are we nearly there?" (Y/N) asked, her voice thick with sleep.

"Jesus, you scared me..."

"Sorry..." (Y/N) said, somewhat sheepish.

"I think I must have taken a wrong turn or something..."

"You mean we're lost?!" (Y/N) shot back.

"Um, no... not exactly," Joe replied scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes, that's exactly what you mean. I know when you're lying..."

Joe sighed heavily before speaking.