It's Been A Rough Day.

It had been a nightmare shift so far for (Y/N)

It had been a nightmare shift so far for (Y/N). She had been rushed off her feet all night as the restaurant was short-staffed and there was this obnoxious group that (Y/N) had been serving for the last hour or so who kept irritating her beyond belief. They were making (Y/N) feel slightly uncomfortable with all their comments like "You should show us what you got on underneath" and trying to grab her body parts. (Y/N) approached her manager who sat in the back office.

"Hey, could I have a word?"

"Sure, come on in,"

(Y/N) shifted nervously before beginning to talk.

"I don't think I can serve that group anymore, they're making me feel really uncomfortable,"

"Oh... I see," (Y/N)'s manager replied.

"Well, we're short-staffed tonight... I would appreciate it if you could just put up with it for now... I'll tell them to keep it down,"

(Y/N) exhaled heavily as this is not what she had hoped to hear. Yes, she was pleased that her problem wasn't being brushed off, but disappointed that she had to continue serving them until the group finally decided to leave.

"Okay, fine. But you owe me BIG time!"

(Y/N) turned and went back to get tonight over as quickly as possible.

As (Y/N) returned to the dining area she began to clean up a few tables that departing guests were sitting at and noticed a large and very handsome man walk in. (Y/N) had to look twice to make sure her eyes weren't deceiving her. (Y/N) walked slowly towards him as he stood at the entrance waiting to be seated.

"Hi, welcome to The Waffle House. my name is (Y/N) and I'll be your waitress tonight. Is it just you?"

"What a lovely name, (Y/N). Yeah, it's just me," he replied with a wink.

"Haha, thanks," (Y/N) giggled as she directed him to a nearby table.

"Now what can I get you? Or do you need some time to look at the menu?"

"I'll have a large Cappuccino to start with, I should be decided when you get back sweetheart,"

"Okay, no problem...I'll give you a few minutes," (Y/N) smiled back at the good-looking customer.

"Aight," he responded as he gave a small chuckle.