A Blessing & A Curse.

Massaging her stomach, (Y/N) tilted her head to one side feeling the baby kick profusely

"It's okay baby, not long to go now, a few more weeks and you'll finally be in my arms," (Y/N) cooed.

Joe had insisted that his parents stay in the house so (Y/N) was not alone in her last month of pregnancy. As Patricia cleared away the dishes in the kitchen, JoJo and the twins were upstairs in the playroom with Sika, their laughter bouncing around the walls of Joe's and (Y/N)'s home in Tampa. It was something (Y/N) would never grow tired of. She loved them as if they were her own, but no one could replace their mother Galina.

(Y/N) had met Joe in his darkest hour. It wasn't long after Galina had tragically passed away in a car accident 3 years ago, dying on impact. It left Joe in tatters and a part of him had simply vanished. It was the kids who had suffered the most, she was their sole caregiver when Joe was on the road and they missed their mother greatly. However, (Y/N) ensured she kept Galina's memory alive by placing family pictures with her in them around the house and talking about her regularly with the children. (Y/N) even insisted they call her by her name. She was in no way shape or form trying to be the evil stepmother.

(Y/N) sat on the sofa texting Colby about the baby's progress and how the finishing touches to the nursery were coming along when she received an incoming text from Stephanie McMahon.

"(Y/N), I've got some news about Joe. Please call me when you can."

(Y/N) froze, her heart beginning to feel heavy as she inhaled sharply and pressed the call button. Stephanie picked up on the second ring, her voice thick with hesitation.

"There's no easy way to say this (Y/N)," Stephanie began, exhaling deeply.

"Joe left early to surprise you and he—"

"He what?!" (Y/N) blurted.

"He was t-boned by a minivan just outside the airport and he's been taken to Tampa Regional, I don't know any more than that,"

(Y/N) shrieked in horror at Stephanie's bombshell.

"Have... have they arrested the driver?!" (Y/N) asked in between shaky breaths.

"He died on impact. I believe he was drunk. I hate to do this to you but you should get down there as soon as you can,"

"Thank you for letting me know," (Y/N) expressed, fighting the urge to break down in tears there and then.

Once the call had been disconnected, (Y/N) let out a strangled cry and gagged, feeling physically sick. Struggling to her feet, (Y/N) called out for Joe's parents.

Sika! Patricia! (Y/N) screamed out, collapsing against the door frame.

Patricia was first to come rushing out of the kitchen and to (Y/N)'s side.