Chapter 2

Chapter 2- an actual girl

Harry's POV.

We were at the mall, waiting for it to quiet down. Niall was sitting next to a beautiful girl. She laughed at something he said and I smiled.  

"Hey, look over." I say as I nudge Louis. He looks over and wiggles his eyebrows.  

"And they call me the cheeky one." I laughed, we both laugh at the remark. Louis started to talk again, but I was keeping one ear on him, and the other on Niall's coversation.

"Me? I sing like an elephant.. My voice is nothing special." The girl said, I motioned for Lou to stop talking and listen.  

"If you sound like an elephant then why would I compliment you?" Niall asked.  

"Beats me... I just singing to give my guitar a voice so people know the song." She answers, shrugging. "So, Niall.. I swear I've heard that name before.." 

"Hopefully! I'm in the band One Direction." 

"Yes! I remember now! Sorry, it's just my memory is as good as my style which I need to get new clothes." They both laugh and continue talking. I turn to look at the guys with eyes surprised. 

"Niall seems to make a friend fast." I whisper to them. Liam chuckles and Zayn spits out the drink he was drinking, trying to contain his laughter.  

"Hey guys come over." Niall said as he waved at us. "Now, sing for them please! Please!" She sighed as a response and wait, taking a breath.  

"Something's in the air tonight

The sky's alive with a burning light

Something about to break

And I found myself in a bitter fight

When I've held you're hand through the darkest night  

Don't know where you're coming from  

But you coming soon

To a kid from Oregon

By way of California  

All of this and more than

I've ever know or seen

Come on and we'll sing  

Like we were free  

Push the pedal down  

Watch the world around fly by us

Come on and we'll try  

One last time  

I'm off of the floor  

One more time to find you

And here we go  

There's nothing left to choose

Here we go

There's nothing left to lose." The girl sang with her heart. After she finished, we clapped and smiled.

"That was great, I don't know why you said you sounded like an elephant." Lou told her. The girl blushed and looked down.  

"Thanks..." She muttered. She clutched her head and started shaking, seeming cold 

"Here, take these." I said, taking off my jacket and beanie. She refused at first put then I put them on her. She actually looked cute as she smiled sheepishly.  

"Thanks." She smiled. I shrugged and replied that it was no big deal.  

"How do you guys act like nothing is a big deal? You guys are so lucky!" She stated.  

"What do you mean?" Liam asked.  

"I have to sing and play my guitar every single day just to get money to eat... I have to find a different place every night to sleep. I sometimes have to skip meals because I don't have any money. " she rambled. "I take food from complete strangers because they offer me and I'm starving! And I'm sorry that you had to listen to me vent right now, when you probably got something way more important to do." She shuddered and sat down on the bench and clutched her knees to herself and sobbed.  

"Sorry, we didn't know..." Zayn said.

Liam's POV.

"And why does everyone say they are sorry, and just move on?" She laughs as she goes into hysteria. I sit down next to her and clutch her in my arms.  

"Hey, shush... Just cry and don't say anything." I whisper as I sway her back and forth. She closed her eyes and begins to sob again.

"Hey, we have to go... Sorry about that." Lou told her as he looked around cautiously. I stood up, letting her go and Niall took my place. She fell into him and stopped sobbing. Harry came down next to her and whispered something. Next thing we know, we are being bombarded by papparizi.  

"Bye! See you later Ziara!" Niall said as he left his SnapBack on the bench. She took the gift in her hands as we started running.

"Wait! Your jacket and beanie!" She shouted. 

"Keep them!" Harry shouted back, still smiling. We walked back to the limo and headed home as Niall and Harry were still smiling.  

"Why are you guys smiling?" I asked.  

"Well, now since she has my SnapBack, and Harry's beanie and jacket, we can spot her easily." Niall answered. Zayn, Lou, and I sighed and shook our head.  

"You both can't go for the same girl." Zayn told them.  

"No, we're just trying to be friends with her... She seemed like a nice girl." Harry stated, ad Niall nodded. We entered our flat and flopped down on the couch.

"Boys!! What happened at the mall?" Dani asked as she came into the room with the girls.  

"Nothing important, why?" I asked as I gave her a kiss. She turned the channel to the news and we spotted the pictures.  

"I swear, we were just helping her out." Lou groaned as the person said something about a relationship.  

"Newscasters now a-days." Niall sighed as he turned it off.  

"Harry, what are you thinking about?" El asked. We looked over and saw him in deep thought.  

"Probably something about Ziara." Niall muttered. 

"Who?" Pierre asked.  

"The girl who we met at the mall." He explained.  

"Ohh." The girls said. We simply nodded as Harry looked up at us and said...