Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Whatever helps you sleep at night

Ziara's POV.

Derek stood there, seething with anger.

"I told you not to!" He shouted at me. I cringed backwards and felt tears coming down.

"I'm sorry okay! I didn't mean it!" I protested at him.

"Too late now... But hey, you are always too late, so maybe we should just call it on time now." He chuckled. My eyes grew wide as his hand went to his pocket.

"One more warning, one more toe out of line and he comes out." Derek warns. I nodded my headed and stood up.

"Now I am going to my room, don't be too rash." Derek stated as he walked out of the room. He closed the door and locked it. I ran to my 'closet' and grabbed my jacket, long pants, and extra shirt, beanie, and my guitar. I silently opened window and jumped out of it.

'Stupid boy' I thought while I ran out of the yard. I just had to run 20 minutes, then I know I had reached town. I walked outwards toward the house and saw Derek. I freezed in place and got my guitar off of my shoulder.

"Derek! It's been so long!" A voice squealed. I look toward the voice and saw a girl with blond hair, blue eyes and althetic build. 'What do you know, he's been waiting to replace me' I thought.

"Rachel! I know, I'm sorry.. I have been on a trip and couldn't call you." He smiled at her. She shrugged and reached out to hug him.

"It's alright, you are here now." She stated as if he could protect her from all the problems in the world. Stupid girl. I used to be like that, naive... But then I met him, and it disappeared into thin air. I ran out of the forest ad behind the house.

"Thank you. Hey I missed you." He said. I fake gagged and kept running behind the house. Cheater...

"I missed you too... It's just you know... My parents don't approve of you." She whispered. Well, I'm glad for you girl. I got out of their sight and ran towards the city. Once I reach there, I walked towards the nearest train station and started to play my guitar. I closed my eyes as I put down my case and opened it, maybe I could get some money. I started to play and play.

"What do you need girl?" A guy asked me.

"A ticket out of here.. To anywhere." I told him.

"Well, you can have this ticket.. They gave me one extra, it leaves in a half hour at platform B." the guy said as he handed me a ticket.

"Thank you so much." I told the man. "How can I repay you?"

"Don't worry about it." He said. I nodded and packed up my guitar, seeing some coins in there. I ran towards the platform and waited. I was finally going to get out of here... Away from the monster.

Niall's POV.

I was waiting beside the hospital bed of Ziara. She looked younger when she was asleep.

"Thank you so much." She muttered in her sleep. I looked at her and she seemed to smile. I smiled back at her even though I knew she couldn't see me. A couple minutes later she woke up and yawned.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey..." She said back.

"Ready to get out?" I asked her. She shook her head and closed her eyes again.

"No, I'm not." She whispered.

"Well, you are not going out today, but you are going out tomorrow. However, doc said that you need a resting place." I told her. She groaned as I mentioned a resting place.

"How am I gonna do that? I could stay at Henry's... Pretty sure he would allow me." She rambled.

"I can't really take you because my house is a complete mess... But I'm pretty sure that Harry could take you, after all he has the biggest place of us all." I told her. She nodded her head and her eyes lit up with hope.

"Do you really think so?" She asked.

"We could call him to make sure." I shrugged. She nodded and I got out my phone. I dialed Harry's number as she tried to sit up. I helped her up and Harry picked up on the phone.

"Hi Niall." He said.

"Hey Haz." I said.

"Hi Harry." Ziara whispered near the phone because her voice hurt.

"Ziara! How are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm alright... How about you?" She asked back.

"I'm great.. Now Niall what did you need?" Harry asked, turning back to Niall.

"Well, me and Ziara were wondering if you would let her stay at your place." Niall stated. It was quiet for a moment as Harry seemed to think.

"Yeah sure when does she get out?" He asked.

"I get out tomorrow, just not sure when." Ziara told him.

"Okay ill find out a time to pick you up and help you get settled..." He stated. "How does 11 sound? We could get out And have lunch afterwards if you want."

"Yeah, sounds good." She agreed.

"See you at 11 then." He said. I swear the I could hear a huge grin in his voice.

"See you then." She smile. We all said bye and then I stopped the phone call as I looked back at her.

"He's happy." I told her.

"Didn't sound like it." She scoffed.

"No I'm pretty sure he is because otherwise he would not be smiling." I countered. She rolled her eyes at me and I laughed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Leprechaun." She laughs.