Chapter 16

Chapter 16- Up, down, up

Ziara's POV.

Harry and I were walking into the streets of London at about 11 at night. The only thing I knew was to 'stay awake' and 'bring your guitar, please'. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that we were out so late. I'm pretty sure that Liam would have noticed since Harry said he was hanging out with the boys.  

I kept thinking about it that I didn't notice that he had stopped. I accidentally bumped into him and would have fallen if he hasn't caught me. We smiled at each other, thanking him for catching him.

"Wouldn't want to break your leg again, now would we?" He chuckled. I groaned as I thought of the bed-rest that Harry had put me through. I was allowed, by the doc, to get out of bed 3 days ago; I was allowed out by Harry yesterday.

"No. Not hurting my leg again if I can help it." I told him, laughing a little. He led me across the street, and then stopped two blocks over.  

"In here." He told me as he grabbed the key. We walked into a small hallway which opened up to a spacious living room. The only thing that I hated about it was that almost everything (well the background was anyway) black. Don't get me wrong, I love black. What I mean is why does it just have to be one color?  

We walked more to the back and I saw a guy there. He was about 30 years old, with Carmel hair, broad shoulders, yet skinny frame, he looked about 182 (about 6 feet), and had grey eyes.

"Harry, about time you came lad. You're lucky considering Cristian would never do it." The man said.

"I know Jack, but Cristian barely does anything." Harry said to the man called Jack. Jack laughed, and nodded his head. Then he turned his head toward me and said "who's this?"

"I'm Ziara." I introduced myself just as Harry did the same. Jack raised an eyebrow before shaking his head.

"Alright well, lets do this, shall we?" He asked. I looked confused and Harry brought me inside the booth. He motioned me to get my guitar out and then came nearer to me.

"We're doing 'The girl on the street', remember?" Harry whispered right next to my ear. I nodded and shivered slightly as he talked. I could feel him smirk as I turned around.

"Lets go." Jack said, interrupting the funky moment. I grabbed a stool and sat down while Harry brought out the lyrics. Jack raised his fingers, counting down from 3 to 1. At one, I tapped a beat, just for one measure and started to play the melody. I kept my foot tapping as Harry starting singing at about the third measure.

"She's an angel in disguise  

I never want to say my goodbyes..." He finished and I played for three more measure and ended with an A cord. I looked up at Harry and we smiled at each other.

"That was great guys! Harry: I loved the lyrics and how your voice harmonized with the guitar; Ziara: love the background vocals and, of course, the melody." Jack praised as he came into the speaker.

"So, we good?" Harry asked. Jack nodded, giving a thumbs up for certainty. I stood up, putting my guitar back in my case and put the case on my back.

"Let's celebrate?" Harry asked.

"Tomorrow. It's pretty late." I yawned. "And I'm tired." Harry nodded and we walked out of the booth.

"Thanks Jack, it means a lot to us." Harry to him.

"Yes, thanks." I mentioned as I have Jack a quick hug. Harry and I walked out, holding hands and laughing about strange things.

"Then I go 'why are the lights so strange?' But they weren't strange because I was just drunk." Harry rambled. "Then it was weird because Niall starting dancing around and screaming 'I'm a leprechaun.'" I was laughing, trying to catch my breath as he spoke about his latest tale.