Chapter 4

Chapter 4- friends

Ziara's POV.

It was late at night when we finally stopped.  

"God, I'm hungry... How about you?" Zayn asked. I nodded in agreement. He pulled me along to a simple restaurant that was around the corner.  

"Welcome to Nandos, what would you like?" The girl at the cashier register asked. I stared at wonder of everything that there was. Zayn chuckled and we ordered. We sat down and waited for our food. I leaned back into the chair as I sighed and closed my eyes. 

"Like autumn turns leaves,

Winter will be, cold on our necks

Snow in our hands  

Wherever she goes, all that I know about us

Is the beautiful things never last  

That's why fireflies flash." I sang quietly.  

"What song is that?" Zayn asked.  

"Fireflies." I simply said.  

"How do you do it?' He asks out of the blue.  

"Do what?" I asked back.  

"Survive... I mean I know I can't stand it but, how do you?" He asks. I shuddered thinking of the past.

-flashback-

"You freak! Get out of here! I never want to see you again!" My mom shouted at me.  

"Fine! It's not like I care anyway!" I shout back. I ran up to my room, making sure she didn't see my tears. I grabbed random stuff and threw into a duffle bag and grabbed my guitar and zipped it up. I looked at my belongings on my bed. Grabbing everything, I rand downstairs and out the door. I started running down the lane, having no where to go, and no where to stay.  

"Need a ride?" A guy asked as he pulled up.

"Do you think you can get me to the train station?" I asked back, knowing it was my one chance of not running.  

"Sure, hop in." The guy answered. I climbed into the passenger seat as we took off.  

"Thank you so much." I sighed. He then dropped me off at the train station and I got tickets to go to London. 'At least they won't find me there.' I thought

-End of flashback-

"Ziara? Ziara? Are you there?" Zayn asked. I snapped out of my daze and nodded. 

"Still here on earth." I laughed, making light of the awkward situation.  

"Well, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to go home, so see you later." Zayn stated as he stood up and left the table. I waved bye and continued sitting. I stood up after a couple of minutes and walked down the street.

God, how things were different now. I sat down against the wall and felt like going to sleep. Instead, I stood up again and walked over to a tree in the nearby park. Climbing it, I got an amazing view of the park. I could spend ages up here, and not worry about anything. Different thoughts came swirling around my head.

"Mind if I join you up there?" A voice asked. I looked down and smiled.  

"Not at all, come on up." I answered. "So what's up?"  

"Not much truthfully, just wondering how you've been." Harry said.  

"It has not even been a week and you're wondering? Is your life that boring?" I teased him. He chuckled 

Slightly and shook his head.  

"Well... If you must actually know, we were looking for Zayn and trying to catch up with you guys... But that was before Niall got hungry." Harry smiled. I laughed as I threw my head back. 

"What are we going to do with you boys?" I asked, still smiling like a doofus.  

"Love us?" He asked cheekily. We both laughed at his response.  

"We'll see." I replied, still laughing

Niall's POV.

I renter my flat and trudge up the stairs. I took a quick shower since I accidentally slipped and fell onto a mud puddle. I wonder where Ziara was sleeping.  

"Niall, you need to get the girl off of your mind." I said to myself, as I changed and fell onto my bed. But I really needed to stop thinking about her. I feel asleep as I closed my eyes, waiting for it to come.  

'Thump!thump!' I woke up to that noise and saw that it was 2 in the morning. I groaned, thinking it was just my imagination. But a second later it came again. I opened my window and looked out. I ducked as I saw a pebble sailing through.  

"Will you watch where you are throwing stuff!" I shouted angrily.  

"Sorry! Did know that you opened the window." A voice shouted back. I looked down and saw Ziara.  

"What are you doing here?" I asked, laughing a little.  

"I wanted to talk. Hold on give me a second." She said, starting to climb the tree.  

"Don't! Ill come down." I suggested. She just rolled her and continued climbing as she reached my window.  

"You need a shower." I stated as she climbed up.  

"Thanks for making a girl feel special Niall." She said sarcastically. I laughed and helped her climb in.  

"So what's up?" I asked.  

"I was wondering about something.." She stated.  

"And what's that something?" I asked.  

"Can I first take a shower, since the Niall Horan complimented me on my wonderful smell." She teased. I laughed again and lead her to the bathroom.  

"Help yourself." I simply stated.  

"Thanks." She whispered back. 'It's no big deal.' I thought. 'Anything for you'. Did I really just think that? Why's happening to me?