Chapter 39

RJ's POV

"You're always running away. That's your damn problem. Can we have a normal conversation?" I said following behind her. "RJ, you're becoming a tyrant. What happened to our communication? You sit here and tell me what to do. Its not fair." She said facing me. "Look. Im sorry, I guess I dont want you to leave me again. You almost took our babies away from me. I'll work on it, if you work on compromising. " I said grabbing her hands. She blushed and looked up at me. "Alright. Deal. " she tippy toed and kissed my cheek. I grabbed her ass and she swatted my hands. "That's why we have two children out of the three times we ever had sex." She mumbled and I chuckled. She turned around and I ran into her. "Oh. Don't tell Nell about Jayla. I think its best if they see each other in person." She whispered, and I nodded. We walked downstairs and Jayla was sitting at the table with Jayla and Tre on her lap. I picked Tre up and walked into the living room.

Beauty's POV
"Jayla, you have something in mind to do today. Well, anything besides shopping?" I asked sitting on the chair. "No... I have to go home today. My boyfriend Derrick is at work, and I have to have his dinner ready and the house cleaned before he steps in the door." She said rubbimg her arm. "Jay... You okay? He's not hurting you is he?" I said grabbing her hand. Tears started to stroll down her face. "B. I don't know what to do. I'm pregnant and he definitely won't let me be after that. I been going through it too long..." she looked down shaking her head. "Jay... look. If you stay, he's going to kill you. I can't go through anymore deaths. Me and RJ can try to get you out... but you can't stay any longer. I need his name and your address." I said lifting her face. "RJ! Come here!" I yelled. He walked in with Tre on his hip. "What happened." He said looking at Jayla. "Her boyfriend is hitting her and she's pregnant." I mumbled. "Does he know?" He said. I could tell he was angry, his veins was showing in his neck. "No. I'm a week in." She said. I grabbed Tee from her. "What you gonna do? Are you going to keep it?" I said rubbing her arm. "Of course I wanted a baby. I just was hoping he would stop." She whined. "Wait, so you were pregnant before?" I said sitting back in the chair. "Yeah. I lost it and..." she drifted. "It was all because of him. Babe, we gotta help her." I looked up. My vision was getting blurry, and I couldn't help but to cry. I knew exactly where she was coming from. The only difference was I didn't have sex with him. Tre reached for Jayla and she grabbed him. "It okay goddy." He spoke standing in her lap and hugging her. She just started to cry more, and Tre just held her. I guess they never lost that connection. "Jay. Whats his name, where does he work, what does he do?" RJ said sitting down. "Derrick Mason, Joe's Mechanic Shop, and he's the head manager." She said wiping her face. "Does he do anything on the side? " I asked. "Nah, he does that. You know I would know." She said. "I'll be back. Text me the address Jay." Rj mumbled walking towards the door. "Royce wait!" I said getting up and running after him. "Don't do anything stupid. I love you." I said kissing his hand. "I love you too, but I can't promise that." He said before kissing my lips and kissing Tee's forhead. I sighed. He left, slamming the door behind him. I locked the door and made my way to Jayla. "Come upstairs in the guest room and rest your nerves." I said walking to her. She got up and we walked to the room. I gave her a T-shirt out of one of the drawers and handed it to her. She took off her pants and I went into shock. She had brusises and I could see the pain in her face as she took them off. "Jay... baby.. I'm so sorry." I said walking up to her. "It's nobody fault but his and mine." She said. She took off the shirt and she had a scar across her side. "He cut me with a box knife. For eating too much, I was pregnant at the time." She mumbled as she grabbed the shirt from me. She threw it on and climbed in the bed. I was gonna be there for her through it all. I had to be. I walked out of the room with Tre and Tee. Tierra had fallen asleep, so I put her in her crib and turned on the baby monitor. Tre was wide awake, but TV kept him occupied so I took him in his room and turned on his tv and his baby monitor. I walked back in the guest room and I got in the bed with her. "Talk to me Jay. I'm the same girl from back in Miami three years ago." I said leaning on the head board. "I met him at a formal party two years ago. He was tall, carmel skin, pink lips, grey eyes, nice smile. He was so eloquent and poised. He made me feel like a queen; told me nice things, took me nice places... he did what a man does to show a woman he's more than interested in her. You know, the type of stuff RJ does for you. Then, he started coming in late, and when I mentioned it he started acting like a whole new man. I didn't deserve that." She said laying on the pillow. I laid down and faced her. "It's okay. I'm here for you. You know who the right man is... y'all probably just drifted apart to find y'all way back." I said. She closed her eyes. After about 20 minutes, I did the same.

RJ's POV

I came in the house around five thirty. I found that nigga and did what I had to do. He put up a fight and I got bruised here and there. The house was unusually quiet. I walked up the stairs and checked Tee's room; she was okay. I checked Tre's room and he was okay. Then, I walked down the hall to one of the guest rooms and Jay and B were knocked. I walked in and tapped B. She opened her eyes and sat up quick. "Oh my God. What the hell happened?" She whispered and got up. "It's nothing." I said. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the bathroom. "You're telling me you're fine with a piece of glass in your skin? " she scoffed as she climbed on the stool to reach my face. Beauty pulled the glass out with the twezzers, put some gel stuff and put a bandaid. "You're everything to me, you know that?" I said grabbing her waist. "Stop and let me be the doctor right now. " she said looking for anything else. "I picked her up and carried her into the room. "I know what you're trying to do. Put me down, no more until our wedding night." She said and pecked my lips. "B. We both know that a year from now is too long." I said. "We'll make it." She said. I huffed. "I'm going back to sleep. Make dinner or something." She yawned. I shook my head and headed downstairs.
*
*
*
*
*
Beauty's POV

I woke up to a whole bunch of noise in my house. I walked down the stairs and my husband was in the kitchen, my child was running everywhere, and my baby was throwing everything on the floor. "Hey baby. Dinner's done. " he smiled as he walked up to me. "Aww that's so sweet of you. " I said, terrified that it would be nasty.

To my surprise it was okay. "Thank you for dinner RJ." I said while washing the dishes. "Anything for you." He said hugging me from behind. "I still can't believe we're engaged. How did you decide? " I asked washing the last bit of forks in the sink. "Well you deserved it. You were always there, whether we were together or not. We had two beautiful babies, you proved your loyalty to me."He said kissing my neck. "Royce, I meant what I said. Now stop." I said pushing him off. "We should go out tonight." He said rinsing off the dishes. "Who is we?" I looked at him. "Me and You. Jayla could watch the kids." He said putting the dishes on the drainer. "I don't wanna leave her alone just yet." I mumbled. "Alright." RJ spoke as be dried off his hands. "Daddy!" Tre yelled running into the kitchen. "Yes Tre?" He said picking him up. "Where GahDee?" He poked his lips out. He was so cute. "She's sleeping right now baby." I said and he looked at me. "Okway." He said and RJ sat him on the counter. "Should we do something as a family, and then something separate for you and Tre's birthday?" I asked. "Well, sure?" RJ said shrugging his shoulders. "Miami or here?" I was silently praying for Miami. "You decide." He mumbled.

Miami it is.

"Goodnight boys. RJ, no sneaky stuff." I said before I kissed him. I gave Tre a kiss on the cheek, got Tee out of her high chair, and headed up the stairs.

RJ's POV

I know that Beauty is homesick. Going back for two or three days isn't an issue for me. If anything, I'll buy three tickets tonight to leave June third - two days from now. "Come on. We gonna get you in the tub Lil boy." I mumbled to Tre as I lifted him up off of the counter. We went upstairs and into the guest bathroom. I took off his clothes and started running the bath water.

When it got to a certain height; I stopped it, picked him up, and sat him in it. "Shit." He yelled. "Tre. Don't say that. That's a bad word." I said as I grabbed his washcloth. "Shit!" He screamed. I popped him. "Don't say it again." I pointed in his face. I washed him and got him out of the tub. He was tired too; his eyes were dropping, and he kept rubbing his eyes. I dried him off and put on his underwear and pajamas. He reached his arms out for me and I picked him up. He laid his head on my shoulder and I walked into my room. Beauty and Tee were already washed and laid up in the bed. Tee was stretched out on top of her and she was passed out herself. I laid Tre on the bed and he adjusted into his mom.

I got in the shower for ten quick minutes and got out. I dried off, put on lotion, and put on my boxers. I grabbed Tierra from on top of Beauty; I put her in her crib, turned on the baby monitor, and grabbed our end. I took it back to the room and put it on B's nightstand. I picked Tre up and put him in his bed, made sure the night light was on, turned on his baby monitor, and grabbed my end of it. Then, I walked down the hallway and peeped in Jayla's room and she was okay. I cut off every light and made my way ball to my love. "Everybody was okay?" She mumbled as she scooted closer to me. "Everybody's fine." I said and kissed her forehead. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.