Chapter 48

Beauty

I woke up to the buzzing of RJ's phone over and over. It's damn near eight in the morning, and whoever it is, is just blowing his damn phone up. I reached across him and looked at the screen. "Natasha?" I mumbled as I looked down. I swiped to answer and I put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I said getting out if the bed and walking into the hall. "Hi. Um is this the man from Burger King's number?" she asked. I looked at the phone and put it back to my ear. "What?" I asked confused. "is this the man with the blue eyes and the cute baby?" she said trying to clarify. "I'm his fiancé, who are you?" I frowned, I was getting angry. "I'm Natasha. Just tell him to call me back, it's urgent." she spoke quickly and hung up. "What the fuck!" I semi yelled. I bust in the room and RJ jumped up. I threw the phone at him and he caught it. I grabbed a shirt and pair of shorts and threw them over my naked body. "What's wrong?" he said rubbing his eyes. "Who the fuck is Natasha, and what job you need her to do. Waking me up at eight in the morning talking bout it's urgent. Why you giving broads your number anyway!" I yelled putting on my socks and my Saucony sneakers. He was on the process of putting on shorts. "Relax B. It's not what you think." he said walking up to me. "Last time you said that, it was the total opposite. Just tell me what is going on." I said calmly. "B, it's a sixteen year old girl, who needs a job. I was gonna call her once you got the shop up and running." he said shaking his head. "Don't get so worked up. I'm ready to marry you and I ain't trying to fuck that up." he added, wrapping me up in his arms. I nodded and hugged him back. "I promise, I will never cheat on you again. Trust me." he mumbled into my hair.

I'll believe him for now.

Tina

"Nana? You okway?" Tre came up to me and climbing on the couch. "I'm alright baby." I said in between coughs. He started rubbing my back with a worried look on his face. "You want mommy or daddy?" he said with glossy eyes. "No baby, go play with Chanise. Nana will be fine?" I said as I slowly got up and made my way to the kitchen. The cancer was taking a toll on my body, and I was really considering giving up. I don't know what I did to deserve this thing, but I know God can't put nothing on me that I couldn't bare. "Nana, can you call my daddy please?" Chanise said handing me my phone. I grabbed it, found his name, and pressed call. I handed the phone back to her. "Hey daddy. I'm ready to go." she said whining. She knew he was wrapped tight around her finger.

I got a glass of water and my pill bottle. I opened it, and got one pill and put it in my mouth. Then, I gulped down the glass. "MA!" I heard Shea yell. I walked out to him. "What! don't be yelling in my house!" I said as I noticed a woman standing next to him. "Sorry. This is Nadia and Amari." he said smiling. Hi Nadia, hey Lil man." I said hugging both of them. "Yall sit down." I said smiling and showing them to the couch. "My grandchildren are upstairs Amari. You can go play with them." I said smiling and he nodded and went. "Tell me about yourself." I said sitting in the chair, that was next to the loveseat Oshea and Nadia was on. "I'm Nadia Hemingway, I'm twenty four, and I own my own hair salon." she said quickly. "Don't be nervous, I'm not going to bite. How did you two meet?" I asked eyeing Shea. The past women that he bought home to me were crazy. "Actually through my son, Amari, and Chanise." she smiled as she looked over at Shea. "Okay. Well it was nice meeting you Nadia." I smiled and drank some more water. I really wasn't feeling that good.

Beauty

We got dressed and headed out to the cemetery, we were going back home in a couple of days and I wanted to see my brother and father.

RJ put the car in park on the small road. I opened the door and stepped out. After closing the door, I walked around to RJ, and he grabbed my hand. He walked me up to their graves. "Bae, you want me to give you some privacy or..." he said as he looked down at me. "Just a little bit. I'll meet you back at the car." he kissed my cheek before leaving.

After I heard the car door close, I started to speak.

"Daddy, I got her back for you. She didn't love any of us; me, Shawn, and not even you. But God decided that it was your time to go, and I respect that. I'm just here wishing that he would send you back to me. Tre asks about you everyday, and Tierra will start asking in a while. I love you so much daddy, and I hope you're having fun up there. I'll be back to see you." I spoke as tears cascaded. I would go to hell and back, just to hear him laugh or say my name. I just missed him so much.

I walked over to my brothers grave and wiped my face.

I had ran out of words to say. I talked to him so much that I finally didn't know what to say.

I turned to the car and walked towards it. I went around and got in the passengers seat. RJ turned my face to him and wiped my tears. Ion like seeing you cry ma." he mumbled and kissed my forehead. "We're gonna go to my momma's house and take everybody out to lunch." he said as we pulled off.

I missed my brother and my dad so much. If my mom wasn't available life would be happy, but I do thank her for sending RJ my way. It's bittersweet.

*Forty Minutes Later*

We pulled into the yard and everybody's car was there. I got out and so did RJ. I made sure my eyes were dry and clear, then I fixed my wife beater and my gold Micheal Kors watch. I grabbed RJ's hand and walked to the door. RJ rang the doorbell and I took a deep breath. "Hey yall!" Jayla smiled as she opened the door. "Hey Jayla." RJ said and I smiled weakly. She frowned and gave me hug. "RJ go ahead, let me talk to my best friend. We'll be inside in a bit." she said as she pushed him in and closed the door behind her. "Baby what happened?" she frowned as she grabbed my hands. "Nothing. I just went to the graveyard." I said looking her in her dark brown eyes. "Oh. Give me a hug." she said as she pulled me in. "You're gonna be okay, you have us and you have RJ. You definitely have his immediate family. I know your family has fallen apart, but God is going to carry you through. You hear me?" she said in my ear. "Yeah I understand." I said. "Come on B." she said as she pulled back and grabbed my hand. She opened the door and we walked in the house. Everybody was having conversations and the kids were running around. "Ma, where's -" I started and she cut me off. "Girl I already know... your baby's upstairs sleeping." she smiled. "Thank you." I smiled back and I quickly went up there. She was laying in RJ's bed on her stomach. I sat next to her and rubbed her back. I studied her features and she looked like me, all she had was her father's color. She had smooth eyelids, long eyelashes, she was so small for her age. I picked her up and held her in my arms. "Hi baby girl. Mommy's going through the motions right now. I wish your uncle was here to meet you. He would love you so much." I said as I smiled. "Bae. Come on everybody's ready to go." RJ said as he peeked into the room. I nodded. I grabbed her bag and I carried her downstairs.

RJ

Beauty was going through hell; she lost her brother and her father because of her mother's selfishness. I didn't wanna leave her, but I have to. I have to make the money necessary so we can live comfortably. I don't know what to do man.