Secrets

"Tre has secrets, secrets that he doesn't even know he has, but at least one friend won't see your life play out before you live it. Believe me, I'd give away this gift to anyone who wanted it. I hate this gift, but my abilities help people. You have to understand that Keaton. I know this all is new for you two but you can't tell anyone. This is our life's, and the moment you start running your mouth is the moment we have 100 some scientist at our door trying to swoop me and Pri up into some lab.The only thing I can tell you is, go to the river. Both of you, if you want to know so bad. The true mystery isn't what you think, you wouldn't believe it if I told you either," Aveiro ranted.

Tre just sighed as the sweat dribbled off his face, he walked downstairs. I could hear his footsteps creaking through the hallway, then as they stopped for a moment you could hear Tre opening the garage, and a sound of clashing glasses. "guess he found the alcohol, come on," I walked out saying.

Well if I wasn't going to get any answers out of them then, I was just going to forget all about it. Maybe if I drink enough it will all seem to be a dream. I turned on the music, as loud as it could go, I could feel the vibration of the sound inside my bones. I could barely hear myself think, finally, some peace.

Avi and Pri came downstairs, Treviso already had 2 shots poured for everyone. After feeling the energies from Avi and Pri, the thought of alcohol made me sick.

I went over and grabbed a glass anyway, the vibe was just awkward. Treviso's face was numb as usual, while avi, and pri, were sweating with anxiety. They all gulped down the first shot, and I could just feel my face getting just as green as my eyes. I took a deep breath and took it anyway, and before anyone had time to reach for their second shot, my next one was gone.

I grabbed the bottle and took one more, or maybe it was two or three. However many didn't matter, because the next thing I remember doing was waking up the next day, on the bathroom floor.

I looked down at my phone to see what time it was and saw that it was Sunday. I was supposed to go to my mom's and help her move today. How could I forget, not only that but I slept till 4:30 pm.

I knew this was going to be a lot of stress, and she's been trying to get time with me, but there's just so much that's going on right now. I picked up the phone, called my mom to apologize, but like always she figured it out.

I somehow felt less guilty with her reassurance. I'm always late no matter how much I prepare to be on time, and she just finds a way to make me feel less stressed. Maybe it's the soft tone in her voice,  or how I'm constantly reminded of the sweet smell in the air every time she baked.

I got up off the floor, wiped my eyes, then glanced in the mirror just before finding Tre. There were cards all over the floor, chips, and gummy bears. Whatever we did last night, we had fun. We found a way to be half normal I guess.

Laying halfway off the couch, there tre was, drool dripping onto a puddle on the ground. The biting smell of patron filled the whole downstairs. I remember how confused he looked last night when Aveiro and Capri were rambling on about this whole giant new mess. Treviso just looked dazed, I had so many questions but he barely said a thing. None of this even phased him, which was crazy to me, because I had so many questions.

This all has to do with him, but yet he's not interested in how. He didn't even ask what secrets they were talking about, maybe he has more secrets than what they were even referring to that he doesn't want to get out. Then again, that's Treviso for you. Doesn't talk about his problems, doesn't listen to problems, he works to be normal. Is that what it is? He's gone through so much, that he doesn't have the emotion left in him for anything but "normal".

Tre started to stretch, and then wiped the drool from his face. His eyes fluttered, and he let out a groan. " come on, we're going to the river," I smiled.