03: Confrontations and fights

"One more hour of detention to the two of you"

Finally, almost three hours since the rest of my class had gotten off school, I was free.

I was in front of my house's front door, pushing the key in the keyhole when I realized.

Shit

I turned the key and noticed the door was already unlocked.

I opened the door and went inside, seeing my mother in the kitchen, already preparing dinner.

"Good evening Haru, you got home early?" She said sarcastically with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I was at the library studying. Sorry I forgot to tell you." I lied.

"You weren't at the library Haru." She told me.

I sighed, "Fine, I got detention... but it was not my fault!" I defended myself immediately.

"Wait, how do you know I wasn't at the library?" I asked confused.

Lately it was not unusual for me to 'study' at the local library... how would she know?

"Jimin told me. He also told me it was because he texted you. Anyhow Haru, you shouldn't use your phone in class! Next time I'll have to take your phone!"

"Jimin told you?" I said ignoring her scolding.

Didn't I tell that boy to stay in my room?

"Hi." Jimin appeared around the corner of the kitchen.

"Jimin! I told you to stay in my room."

"But I love your mom~" He whined, scoring a smile from my mom. It's almost like she loves him more than me.

"And you said you would be home like.." He pulled up his sleeve, checking the time on his wrist watch, "...like one hour ago."

"Well, I got another hour, thanks to other students talking." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on." I said and grabbed Jimin's hand, dragging him out of the kitchen.

"Wait Haru, come here." My mom called.

I sighed and let go of Jimin's hand, "Go to my room and stay there, for real this time."

"You're so bossy."

I nudged him and turned around, heading back to the kitchen.

I sat down on one of the bar stools, chin resting on my hands and ready to get yelled at.

"Haru, I've told you this before, he can't just stay in our house when we're not home." She said with a soft voice, making me feel bad.

"I know." I sighed. I didn't want to disappoint her anymore. I hadn't exactly been the most wonderful daughter since I returned from the tour...

"But-"

"No buts Haru. You know I love Jimin, but what if your father got home early and he saw?"

"Dad never comes home early." I scoffed at the thought of his absence.

"I know I'm the mom and I'm supposed to be the soft one, but recently you're making it really hard Haru!" She raised her voice a little.

"But I didn't know I would get detention! I thought I would get home before you!"