04: A dangerous combination

"Come on! Pleaaaasseee."

For the past 10 minutes Soomin had been begging me to go drink with her friends again this weekend. I can't lie, I really wanted to...

"I have to study, I can't."

"You can study any other day, it's only Friday once a week."

"And the next Friday is only seven days away."

"But this exact Friday screams 'Haru go out and drink with your best friend and make some new friends'."

"What, really? Cause all I can hear is you acting like your name is Friday. Oh, and the library and my bad grades are screaming for me to study too." I smiled at her, beginning to pack up my lunch again.

"It doesn't hurt having fun once in a while..." She mumbled poutingly.

"Unnie, I was drinking with you and your friends last Friday too."

"It doesn't hurt having fun once in a week..." She mumbled again, still with pouted lips.

"I'm sorry, but no." I got up from my chair, "Well I'm not really sorry, but it's still a no."

"You're boring." She scoffed.

"My mom is gonna flip on me if I come home in the middle of the night drunk again. I think I have to be nice for a while, to ease her up and make her trust me again. I don't like that she's annoyed all the time."

"Sounds like a 'Haru's mom's problem'." She breathed out.

"Well, as I am Haru, it kinda sounds like my problem too." I turned around and left the table, heading to class.

"Wait for me you idiot!" She called after me and I sped up my pace.

I was really tempted to go... My parents made me feel like I needed a bit of alcohol to feel free... on the other side, it would just cause further arguments between my mom and I. And I didn't want that.

Well, guess where I ended up...

"Haru, truth or dare?" A girl named Neha asked.

Yup, correct. I joined Soomin and her friends.

She was just hella good at convincing and I was hella bad at rejecting.

"Dare."

I'm not boring

"I dare you to give me your number." The guy across from me said, apparently his name was... Jaehan? Or was it Jaehoon? I don't exactly remember... He was a new one. I hadn't been with Soomin and her friends a lot of times, but enough to know he was new.

"I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend." I smiled politely.

"You have a boyfriend?? Girl spill, why haven't you told me?" Neha almost screamed from her seat.

Maybe because it's private and I've only met you like 3 times?

Neha was a fun and sweet girl though. However, I've always been introverted and shy and I hadn't really talked to any of them.

I laughed it off, which surprisingly was quite easy as her attention quickly switched to someone chucking a beer.

Jaehan, Jaehoon, Jaewhatever turned to me again, "Well if you won't do the dare, it's three shots."

I scoffed, but did my punishment.

"Ya, you agreed to go out, quit the attitude." Soomin nudged me.