08: Everything has changed

"You're home late."

Her voice woke me up from my inner imagination.

Light words, but anger written all over her face, making the words very heavy.

I rolled my eyes, heading to my room. 

"Haru!" Her sharp voice filled the room once again and made me stop.

"I thought you were gonna be in bed." I spoke lightly, but a snarl still got out.

"Where were you last night? Why are you not home until now?" 

"I told you I was with Jimin." I huffed.

For the love of god just let me go to bed

She sighed, "Haru, I don't want to argue.."

"Then stop starting an argument every time I'm in your sight!" I balled my fists behind my back, digging my nails into my skin, "You want to keep me from seeing my boyfriend, keep me from hanging with my friends ON WEEKEND NIGHTS, want to keep my locked up in my room and-"

"I'm just trying to understand you!" She raised her voice.

"Well you're not doing a good job at that!" I yelled, my frustrations getting the better of me.

"I've had my patience with you Haru! You left the country WITHOUT my permission, nor informing me about it! Since you got home you've been getting detention weekly, your grades STILL haven't bettered and you're yelling at your own mom! I don't know what happened, but I certainly do not appreciate your disrespect and change of attitude!" Her voice pierced through the room.

"How do you want me to trust you after that!?"

She had gotten up from the couch, shooting me with her eyes and words.

After a short moment of silence, I spoke, "Are you siding with dad now?"

My words came out weak and insecure, my whole existence in despair.

Tears slowly crowded up in my eyes. She couldn't be, could she?

Is she really that mad at me? 

"Siding with dad? Haru, this has nothing to do with him! Don't put this out on your dad! This is on you! This is your mess!"

I said nothing. All the words I wanted to shout at her was glued down my throat, leaving my mouth dry and empty.

"I don't want you to see those Bangtan guys anymore! They're a bad influence."

"What!?" The boiling water finally reached my throat and melted the glue enabling me to speak again, "You can't forbid me to see my best friends! Let alone my boyfriend!" 

My voice cracked at the last word. She couldn't forbid me to see my boyfriend, could she?

"I'm your mother, I certainly can." She spoke, something in her voice provoking the shit out of me, "Look how they've changed you!"

"I didn't change! Everyone around me changed! Dad changed! School changed! YOU changed mom!" I screamed at her.

"Because of you Haru!"

I stopped for a minute, letting the words sink in. The room went silent. Only the sound of breathing was heard.

My unclenched my fists and I let my arms drop down by my side.